Solved How to bypass/remove Windows 8 MAC address restrictions?

Quirk

Hey there guys...

I use a wireless network which utilizes MAC address filtering for security purposes and WEP encryption. I have a MAC address which is white listed on the network and am successfully able to access it by spoofing in my windows XP PC.

However, windows 8 has been giving me headaches since the last week because it simply refuses to alter the mac address to anything with the first octet being '00'. :mad:

What do I do? Please please I am in dire need of your help. Can I bypass this *** restriction by fiddling with the registry somehow or the device drivers?

I am using Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 and TP Link WN7200ND devices.

Please tell me a way in order to alter the MAC in my windows 8 or some way to scan the network with my windows XP PC and find out some other white listed MAC addresses from the router by LINUX or whatever means possible... PLEASE...

P.S: My english is not very goodso please don't use difficult terminology (technicals excepted) :)

Can I use airodump -ng on windows somehow (I don't know linux much) to sniff the whitelisted macs?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Mac address restrictions on a home network is not worth it. Now if you are trying to get around this restriction on someone else's wifi network. Cannot really help you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 17.2
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Satellite C850D-st3nx1
    CPU
    AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHZ
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    Mouse
    Logitech M525
    Internet Speed
    45/6 - ATT U-Verse
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    None needed. It is Linux.
    Other Info
    Arris NVG589 Gateway; Router - Cisco RV320; Switch - Netgear GS108 8-Port Switch & Trendnet TEG-S50g 5-Port Switch; Access Points - Engenius ECB350, Trendnet TEW-638APB; NAS - Lenovo ix2-4; Printer - Brother HL-2280DW; Air Print Server - Lantronix XPrintServer

A/V UPS - Tripp-Lite Smart 1500LCD 1500 Va/900 W.
If the router is yours, log in to its admin panel and add all MAC addresses you need to. If the router is not yours, the MAC filtering is doing exactly what it is designed to do by preventing you to use it.

If you think you should have access ask the router admin credentials and add your PC to whitelist.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP ENVY 17-1150eg
    CPU
    1.6 GHz Intel Core i7-720QM Processor
    Memory
    6 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 Graphics
    Sound Card
    Beats sound system with integrated subwoofer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" laptop display, 22" LED and 32" Full HD TV through HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1600*900 (1), 1920*1080 (2&3)
    Hard Drives
    Internal: 2 x 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm
    External: 2TB for backups, 3TB USB3 network drive for media
    Cooling
    As Envy runs a bit warm, I have it on a Cooler Master pad
    Keyboard
    Logitech diNovo Media Desktop Laser (bluetooth)
    Mouse
    Logitech MX1000 Laser (Bluetooth)
    Internet Speed
    50 MB VDSL
    Browser
    Maxthon 3.5.2., IE11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender 4.3.9431.0
    Other Info
    Windows in English, additional user accounts in Finnish, German and Swedish.
Yes the router is not mine as obvious. Not a home network. I just want a way to work around it OTHER than having to revert to windows XP. Only this windows restriction crap is giving me issues... No help here I guess.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Yes the router is not mine as obvious. Not a home network. I just want a way to work around it OTHER than having to revert to windows XP. Only this windows restriction crap is giving me issues... No help here I guess.
Did you seriously expect us to help you to break in to someone else's router? How stupid is that!

Anything else we might assist you? Need a combination to your neighbor's safe? Want to know credentials for your employer's online banking?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP ENVY 17-1150eg
    CPU
    1.6 GHz Intel Core i7-720QM Processor
    Memory
    6 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 Graphics
    Sound Card
    Beats sound system with integrated subwoofer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" laptop display, 22" LED and 32" Full HD TV through HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1600*900 (1), 1920*1080 (2&3)
    Hard Drives
    Internal: 2 x 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm
    External: 2TB for backups, 3TB USB3 network drive for media
    Cooling
    As Envy runs a bit warm, I have it on a Cooler Master pad
    Keyboard
    Logitech diNovo Media Desktop Laser (bluetooth)
    Mouse
    Logitech MX1000 Laser (Bluetooth)
    Internet Speed
    50 MB VDSL
    Browser
    Maxthon 3.5.2., IE11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender 4.3.9431.0
    Other Info
    Windows in English, additional user accounts in Finnish, German and Swedish.
Did you seriously expect us to help you to break in to someone else's router? How stupid is that!

Anything else we might assist you? Need a combination to your neighbor's safe? Want to know credentials for your employer's online banking?

:) ...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8

Busted... :eek:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus CM5675
    CPU
    IntelCore i5 3.20Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus CM5675
    Memory
    6.0Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD integtrated
    Sound Card
    SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 24'
    Screen Resolution
    1900x1080
    Hard Drives
    Segate 1tb
    Intel 120Gb SSD
    Internet Speed
    100mb down /10mb up

Busted... :eek:

I told them everything in the first place. You people think I am naive, and that's funny. Didn't know forum "rules" didn't allow me.

Like you guys no NOTHING about linux and its rubbish... :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Back