Solved How to add photos to photos app?

musiclover7

Anyone know of a way to add photos to the photos app, that are already on your computer. After reloading my machine, I copied all of my photos from my old profile my pics, to my new profile my pics. Photo app does not seem to be smart enough to find them, and I cannot figure out a way to add photos to the app... Any help appreciated!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
    CPU
    Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor, 2800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 460
It says to make sure they are in my pictures library, which they definitely are...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
    CPU
    Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor, 2800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 460
Hi Musiclover. You are right.

To have all you pictures included on picture app. You don't really need to copy it to pictures library. Instead, just open pictures library's properties and include all drive or picture folders path to it. You can even set any folder as default set save location after included it.

Kevin

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Built system
    CPU
    Core i5
    Motherboard
    Intel DH55PJ
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI 4650
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG Flatron L1742S; LG Flatron 19"; Samsung TV 48"
    Screen Resolution
    1280:1024; 1366:768;1920:1080
    Hard Drives
    SSD 256 GB
    Seagate Barracuda 500 GB
    WDC 1 TB
    PSU
    Power
    Case
    Simbadda
    Cooling
    Conventional
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless
    Internet Speed
    1.4 MBPS
    Other Info
    External HDD WDC 2 TB
    Dial Up Modem Huawei
    Home-made Home Theater
I have the same issue as music lover.
On top of that I'd like to find out how I can stop Photo app tile from displaying my Facebook and Skydrive photos. They are both 'Hidden' from Photo app but it is still showing.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
I have the same issue as music lover.
On top of that I'd like to find out how I can stop Photo app tile from displaying my Facebook and Skydrive photos. They are both 'Hidden' from Photo app but it is still showing.

1. Open the Charms bar, and click/tap on the Settings charm.

2. There you have the option to "hide" Facebook, Flickr, SkyDrive and others from the Photo tile.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 PRO
Yeah.. It is clearly a part of my pics library.. However, it is not showing up in my photos app at all. I think the app is just flawed. It sounds like habibi has already hidden facebook and it is not working for him also... App is broken all around.

11-4-2012 7-43-02 AM.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
    CPU
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 460
Ok.. An Update to the photos app resolved this issue.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
    CPU
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 460
I'll have to check out the update. Have not had a chance yet.

Indeed, I've Facebook and Skydrive hidden so the photo app are not showing them but the Live tile is still displaying hidden photos. Irritating!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
Back