help with anti virus bitdefender and avast

oduodu

i work at a an internet shop and the two pc used for this. upon having the pc's activated i installed bitdefender anti virus as soon as i could since once a windows pc in my case 2 windows 8 pc's is infected you to wipe the computer and reinstall everything. i worked at an internet at a different internet shop for some time that many more pc's. the were frequently slow due to viruses but due to the fact that the owner had xp on disk you could reinstall it.

but now with windows 8 that is not an option. you have to take it to a dealer to have it be reinstalled. at what cost ??

that is why i was adamant at installing the anti virus at all costs because as eli the computer guy says once a pc is infected you have a problem and the only real way of curing this is to wipe the pc.

so i installed bitdefender as i knew from past experience.

now my problem is:

what happens if the pc crashes and you have say windows 7 installed. if the original bitdefender was installed on the windows 8 pc's will they not require to be linked to a bitdefender account ?

now if i install that bitdefender on the same pc but with windows 7 will the bitdefender still install under the same account it was originally associated with or must you buy a new copy of bitdefender ?

will the same not apply to avast ? can re install an avast account on a pc which has been redone with a new operating system ?

the pc has a new name(was a local account on the windows 8) that is not the same as the one on the now windows 7 pc same hardware although the hardware is the same ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
If you have an authorized license for BitDefender, not sure but it seems you should be able to install/reinstall on either Win7 or Win8 using your CD or download from the BitDefender website. You may also contact BitDefender Customer Service.

The same should apply to Avast.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 64bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba
    CPU
    Intel i3, 2348
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD3000
Why do you think you would have to take computer to a dealer to reinstall win7 and Win8 ? There are many programs you can use to backup Windows and whole drive and be able to reinstall in a short time. I use Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download to backup whole disk where windows are installed on and can be back in business in less than half an hour with it being exactly same as at the moment backup was made , with all the programs installed, working and registered just as they were at that time. Just have to make sure it was all clean and in working order. You can make a new backup every so often (I do it every month although with a business you may want it more often).
Program is free and all it may cost at the beginning is for another portable HDD to store backups on. No need for taking to dealer and costs associated with it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    Silicon Power V70 240GB SSD
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Sharkoon, Silent Storm 660W
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
"Just have to make sure it was all clean "

i assume you mean free of virusses ??

is that at all possible ??

will the win8 when it is reinstalled still have the same username and account recognised as it was originally ??

thanks for the replies one and all

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Reasonably clean of course, one can never claim anything more. That means truly checking with AV and few anti malware programs, Also as clean as possible of system errors, drivers working etc.
If reinstalled like this, you'll have exactly same as at the time you made the backup, no more, no less. No need to reregister windows or programs.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
On the Windows 8 computer, isn't Refresh or Reinstall an option ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 64bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Toshiba
    CPU
    Intel i3, 2348
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD3000

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
thanks for the replies. problem is that as eli the computer guy states: once a windows based pc is infected the best thing to do is to wipe it since that is the only real way of ensuring you get rid of the viruses. other wise the pc;s just keep on infecting each other the network and i dont have full installs of avast. it is only the free version.

i dont want to reload office 365 because i assume it is linked to the pc it was installed on.

meaning i would have to buy a new copy for office 365 since the dashboard in the account will probably not allow that username to be installed on a new operating system even if it is the same computer / hardware.

also the downtime means loss of business. and we have to do all kinds of work like scanning etc.

also the problem is that even if i make backup for restoring the pc lets say the hard drive crashes due to virusses. now will the backup allow itself to be installed on a different hard drive then the one it was originally installed on ??

if thats the case then why cant i make backups of my hardrive and simply install them on a completely new computer thereby negating the need to buy new licenses for windows for other computers ??

see what i am asking ??

thanks.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Back