Help getting into my windows 8 Notebook

Chicklet

I woke up this morning to my computer having shut down and re-starting however it run into an error and wouldn't, so it asked for a restore, which i tried but it says it cannot do it, so now i'm stuck, (Automatic repair, Windows could't load correctly ) I have no system restore backup and i can't get into windows to do a re-install. i'm left on this Acer screen now, lost at what to do to get my computer back, Help PLZZZZ someone

The computer in question is an Acer intel inside COREi3 running windows 8 it has no cd drive, I believe its a notebook..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
Welcome to EightForums.

information   Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/5132-recovery-drive-create-usb-flash-drive-windows-8-a.html
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2855-system-repair-disc-create-windows-8-a.html

You can use the ACER version of
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/5132-recovery-drive-create-usb-flash-drive-windows-8-a.html
warning   Warning
Deleting the Recovery Partition is NOT RECOMMENDED

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

ACER VIDEO's
Windows 8 - Create a Factory Default Backup - Acer Recovery Management - YouTube
Windows 8 - Create a Drivers and Applications Backup - Acer Recovery Management - YouTube
Windows 8 - Restore Windows With a USB Recovery Drive - YouTube

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:

https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer
or
Acer | Recovery Media
Check in Accessories
or check the main web site.
Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
I run into this problem a few months back, But i found help somewhere here on the internet, But stupid me i never saved the instructions, It was simple, Some combo of keys on start up and it allowed me to do a complete factory restore.... Anyone have any idea how I can do that on the startup? I don't care if i loose everything on that computer, i just want to be able to use it again...

Buying recovery cd's is no use to me, This computer does not have a cd drive

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
From the the above links.

Restoring the operating system

ACER said:

How do I reinstall Windows?

If your software fails to respond or the system is infected with malware, please use the following steps:

STEP A

Prior to reinstalling Windows, undo the changes that may cause the problems. Please, visit our knowledge base article Using System Restore in Windows XP, Vista and 7.

STEP B

If the problem persists, use the recovery software to restore Windows to the original factory state:

1.Make a backup of personal data, as the recovery process will erase all your files, such as email and photos.
2.Power on your computer. When the Acer logo is displayed, press and hold the ALT key while pressing repeatedly the F10 key. Release the keys when a message displays that Windows is loading files.
3.After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.
4.In case the recovery software does not start, you need to use Recovery DVDs or CDs; please visit our knowledge base article

warning   Warning
The above may be for Windows 7 .

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
Thanks but none of this is helpful to me, Everything is based on getting inside windows or using cds. I cannot get into windows and I have no recovery flash drives...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
Thanks but none of this is helpful to me, Everything is based on getting inside windows or using cds. I cannot get into windows and I have no recovery flash drives...

From the the above links.

ACER said:

How do I reinstall Windows?

If your software fails to respond or the system is infected with malware, please use the following steps:

STEP A

Prior to reinstalling Windows, undo the changes that may cause the problems. Please, visit our knowledge base article Using System Restore in Windows XP, Vista and 7.

STEP B

If the problem persists, use the recovery software to restore Windows to the original factory state:

1.Make a backup of personal data, as the recovery process will erase all your files, such as email and photos.
2.Power on your computer. When the Acer logo is displayed, press and hold the ALT key while pressing repeatedly the F10 key. Release the keys when a message displays that Windows is loading files.
3.After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.
4.In case the recovery software does not start, you need to use Recovery DVDs or CDs; please visit our knowledge base article

warning   Warning
The above may be for Windows 7 .

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
To use the restore utility outside of windows:

Acer Support - Answers, E-Mail, Chat - Using Recovery Management outside of Windows

The short version: alt-F10 during startup is supposed to launch the factory restore process. I hope that you're aware that, if it works, your notebook (netbook?) will be restored to the factory state; you lose every change you've ever made.

(later). Theog beat me to it. I'll let it stand, though.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Window 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    homebuilt
    CPU
    I7-3930k
    Motherboard
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    Memory
    16 GB Gskill DDR3-2133
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA GTX 680
    Sound Card
    Soundblaster Zx
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus PA246Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force GT 120GB
    WD Cavair Black 1.5TB
    PSU
    PC Power & cooling Silencer 750
    Case
    Silverstone FT02B-W
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14 w/ PWM fans
    Keyboard
    cheap Logitech USB wired
    Mouse
    old 5 button Microsoft USB optical
    Internet Speed
    6Mb cable
Thank you, that sounds more like what i'm looking for, I don't care if i loose everything, Didn't have to much on there anyways, I keep everything backed up on external hard drives..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
Worked perfectly, did a system refresh and everythings back to normal... Didn't loose anything either..
Don't understand why its so hard to give that key combo out to folks, instead of going thru all the other crap, Very Frustrating indeed.

Thank you for the help bobkn!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
Worked perfectly, did a system refresh and everythings back to normal... Didn't loose anything either..
Don't understand why its so hard to give that key combo out to folks, instead of going thru all the other crap, Very Frustrating indeed.

Thank you for the help bobkn!

I'm surprised that you didn't lose everything, but I'm glad to hear that.

I recommend making recovery media (USB) as soon as you can. That'd be necessary if the hard drive fails.

Acer Support - Answers, E-Mail, Chat - Create a Acer Factory Default Backup in Windows 8

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Window 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    homebuilt
    CPU
    I7-3930k
    Motherboard
    Asus P9X79 Pro