Help! Bluetooth suddenly doesn't work

brato92

Hello guys, I have a problem with the bluetooth driver installed on my Windows 8.1 x64. Everything seemed to work well, I was using my bluetooth headset everyday, but now, after a restart, nothing works. The bluetooth icon is missing from the notification area, and the headset won't connect any more. In the services.msc I have the bluetooth ones, but in device manager the bluetooth is missing. I've tried to reinstall the driver, after restart still nothing, What could be wrong this sudden? Does anybody know? Thanks and have a nice day!
serv.PNG

serv2.PNG

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    SONY VAIO
The problem could be from a Windows update. When was the last time you rebooted the computer or logged out of and into Windows? Any Windows update that was installed since that time could be the culprit. The way to test or fix this is to uninstall all Windows updates, starting with the newest and working your way backwards, until you get to the update which got installed right after the date and time when you last rebooted or logged out of and into Windows.

Before you do that, though, there is something easy that you could try. Looking at your Device Manager picture, the top item in the list is "BR4TO92_LAPTOP". Right-click on that item and choose "Scan for hardware device" or something like that. Windows will then refresh the devices list, hopefully finding your Bluetooth device. If it finds it, it will hopefully try to install the driver for it.

Also, right click on the top item and choose to show the legacy or hidden items. Something might show up that will be helpful to you in troubleshooting this issue.

Finally, under the USB Controllers, there is an "unknown USB device" with a yellow triangle by it. It's probably a good idea to right-click on that item and tell it to uninstall it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 18.2 xfce 64-bit (host OS) / Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (virtual machine)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 3847
    CPU
    Haswell
    Memory
    12 GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 23"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Two hard drives, 1TB each: One for Linux, one for my data.
    Keyboard
    IBM Model M
    Browser
    Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer
    Antivirus
    Sophos (Linux), Windows Defender (Windows)
    Other Info
    I use Samba to share my data drive with the other computers at my house.
Back