Google makes it easier to share everyday moments in Google Photos

Whenever I’m capturing memories, my first thought is to share them with my best friend, who loves seeing photos of my newest plants, or my parents, who always want shots of my latest culinary adventure. Google Photos’ live albums, shared libraries, and shared albums make sharing lots of photos simple, and starting today, we’re also making it easier to share the individual, everyday moments through Google Photos.

You’ve always been able to share individual photos through the app by creating an album for a single photo and sharing the link. But we’ve heard from some of you that this could be a simpler experience, so now when you share one-off photos and videos, you’ll have the option to add them to an ongoing, private conversation in the app. This gives you one place to find the moments you’ve shared with your friends and family and keep the conversation going. For me, this means I can show my mom and dad how my pumpkin pie turned out in just a few taps.

You can like photos or comment in the conversation, and you can easily save these photos or videos to your own gallery. This feature isn’t designed to replace the chat apps you already use, but we do hope it improves sharing memories with your friends and family in Google Photos.

This is gradually rolling out over the next week and, as always, you can share these photos with your friends and family across all platforms—Android, iOS and the web—without any loss in image quality from the photos you backed up.

Lucky for my mom and dad, I’ll be cooking up lots of treats for the holidays and now they’ll get all the pictures in one place.

Source: Now it’s easier to share everyday moments in Google Photos

Back