• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Fresco USB 3.0 error about host controller

Emere

Hey I got an Asus G74SX-BBK7 laptop with windows 8 64bit pro upgrade installed and I can install All the drivers that are windows 8 and up (to 10)compatible (touchpad, intel chipset, etc)But can't install The fresco USB 3.0 has it says "Fresco USB3 Host controller is not found" even though I have a Fresco host controller and I do see it in real life/ the blue port , sadly I don't know why it's not detecting it and yes it has worked fine before / it would install fine without error

the version I'm trying to install is 3.6.4.0 (latest)

and just to say that I've already tried a restore to my OEM system(windows 7 64bit home premium) and it works there but not when I upgrade

so I'm out of ideas :huh:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 /W Bing 32bit
    Computer type
    Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN
    CPU
    Intel Atom Z3735G 1.4 GHz Processor
    Memory
    1 GB DIMM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile Intel HD graphics (4000?)
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 800
    Browser
    Metro IE (looking for other metro browsers)
    Other Info
    802.11bgn/wireless - 32 GB SSD ?? and sdcard expandable

pbcopter

Florida, USA

Welcome.

Since ASUS did not release Windows 8 drivers for that model, there may be an issue with the USB 3.0 implementation and Windows 8.

All I can suggest is to try installing the drive in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Also try the older Windows 7 drivers from the ASUS site.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center, Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom System
    CPU
    INTEL Xeon E5-2670 LGA 2011
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA X79 UD5 v1.0 F13s
    Memory
    64GB (8 X 8 GB) G-Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 2133 Quad Channel
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 1060 SC 3 GB
    Sound Card
    Realtek Onboard ALC898
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung S27E310
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD
    1 x 6TB WD 6003FZBX SATA
    13 x 3TB WD 30EFRX SATA
    PSU
    Seasonic X-1050
    Case
    Thermaltake Armor+
    Cooling
    INTEL BXRTS2011LC Liquid-cooled
    Keyboard
    Logitech G510s
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Explorer Mouse
    Internet Speed
    7.0 Mb/s
    Browser
    IE 11, Chrome
    Antivirus
    ESET NOD32 11.1, Malwarebytes Pro 3.5.1
    Other Info
    ASUS RT-AC68U router

Emere

Welcome.

Since ASUS did not release Windows 8 drivers for that model, there may be an issue with the USB 3.0 implementation and Windows 8.

All I can suggest is to try installing the drive in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Also try the older Windows 7 drivers from the ASUS site.
Hey thanks for trying to help but I think this might go even deeper than Windows / driver because i did a restore to see something and to my surprise it might seem like it's hardware related because Even on windows 7 (oem) it doesn't want to connect although trying one last thing before i call it Quits and send it for rma (2nd time) will report my findings

edit - these laptops come with a software called "Asus USB charger plus**" which turns the USB port (the fresco one on my left hand) into a charge port for anything i.e a mp3 player or anything that charges so i'm gonna see if i can get rid of it even tho it's Suppose to be disabled in the bios although i'm gonna recheck just to make sure it is

[DEL]edit 2 - Ok so last night i went to the bios to make sure it was disabled and it was so ..i Really don't know how it's on or even charging

ok so i contacted the manufacturer of my laptop and sadly i couldn't send it in until the 16th of this month(?) so .. we will see where this leads us until then - gonna mark it has solved because no use having this thread open when we finally see the problem[/DEL]

edit 3 - OK so for some reason it Just decided to work idk why although here's what i did that Might'v made it work - yesterday i decided to go with linux and after a day of fooling around in the system i re-decided to install Win 7(upgraded to 8/8.1 Because i got the drivers from the piece makers instead of OEM drivers) and to my surprise when i went to windows update it Show'ed the fresco USB series in windows update so i tried the install and it worked! :D

tldr; go to linux/back to windows again if you have a usb port that doesn't read usbs

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 /W Bing 32bit
    Computer type
    Tablet
    Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN
    CPU
    Intel Atom Z3735G 1.4 GHz Processor
    Memory
    1 GB DIMM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile Intel HD graphics (4000?)
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 800
    Browser
    Metro IE (looking for other metro browsers)
    Other Info
    802.11bgn/wireless - 32 GB SSD ?? and sdcard expandable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)