• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

first factory recover disc is not bootable

HardSoft

I created a Recovery DVDs (4 discs) from the Recovery Partition (using the Recovery Media in HP Pavilion G series) but the first disc is not bootable. I checked the content of the disc, the setup.exe (that will make it bootable) is missing.

What do you think went wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Single Language

theog

VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Member

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4

HardSoft

I meant I used windows 8 Recovery Media Tool in HP Pavilion to create a recovery DVD in order to use it if anything goes wrong. I expected the DVD to be bootable (ie, if I insert it to my laptop, I should be able to boot from it and install a fresh copy of Win 8 OS).

In the DVDs I created (first one), I can see: bootmgr, bootmgr.efi, Data.bin, info.dat and some other folders.

Here is my point, I have a copy of win8 consumer preview which includes (boot, efi, sources, support and upgrade: all folders) with autorun.inf, bootmgr (file), bootmgr.efi (file) and setup.exe.

I think what I'm missing in Win8 DVD I created are autorun.inf and setup.exe.

So, is this normal when you create a new recovery DVD or I'm the one who had it wrong?

Hope I'm a able to convey my problems clearly.

Thank you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Single Language

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)