64 |3!T G33|<
Forget Firefox 4.0, the first Beta development milestone for the next iteration of Mozilla’s open source browser is just around the corner.
The browser vendor is confirming that Firefox 5 Beta is right on track for delivery in as little as one week.
If all goes well, Firefox 5 will graduate from the Aurora channel to Beta on May 17th, 2011.
“Official cutover to Beta is May 17th, 2011,” the company stated. “There are 6 key bugs we are tracking that have to be dealt with prior to May 17th. They will either be resolved or we will decide they are not severe enough to block the merge.”
Firefox 5 hitting Beta this soon after the release of Firefox 4.0 is illustrative of Mozilla’s commitment to speeding up considerably the development and release pace of new major versions of its open source browser.
Essentially, end users should expect Firefox 6 to drop just six weeks after Firefox 5 and every other new Firefox version six weeks after that.
As early as next week, early adopters will get to play with the first Beta of Firefox 5.
Source: Firefox 5 Beta Just Around the Corner - Softpedia
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1 (Build 6.1.7601)
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (G0 Kentsfield) LGA775 (FC-LGA6)
- GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R (Rev. 2.1)
- Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A 4GB PC-10600 (2x XMS3 2GB)
- Graphics Card(s)
- ASUS nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (G92GT/D8P)
- Sound Card
- RealTek ALC885/889A/890
- Monitor(s) Displays
- ChiMei CMV CT-730D 17inch (LCD Monitor)
- Screen Resolution
- 1280-1024 60Hertz (Ture Colour 32bit)
- Hard Drives
- 2x Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 160-GB Hard Drive ST3160815AS (AHCI)
- SUPER FLOWER 500watt Plug in Leads 24pin ATX BLACK MODEL
- Thermaltake Shark (VA7000SWA ATX) Full Tower
- Front 120mm fan (1400 RPM) /Rear 120mm (1400 RPM) blue LED
- Labtec Media Desktop Y-SAD65
- Razer DeathAdder 3G Infrared Sensor (1800DPI)
- Internet Speed
- Telstra BigPond Elite Liberty ADSL2+ 24Mbps/256kbps
- Other Info
- ASUS PCE-N13 802.11n Wireless LAN card