False error message while trying to load a program

droniexx

Hi everyone I have trie to download a programe I have the older version when the update came i clicked the down load and it reverted my olderer version back to free. so I went on line to get the latest version. When it loaded it came up with the error VCRUNTIME140.dll missing. I checkeked system 32 directory and I saw the VC RUNTIME140.dll fie was there. to be sure I down loade a the file and installed it but I still got the same error message I don't know how to remove the error message from my laptop. I even reinstall my verson of windows but no joy any Ides Thanks for reading

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    worstation 7710
    CPU
    i7 6th gen
    Memory
    64 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    deicated Intel HD 530
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Screen Resolution
    3840x2160
    Hard Drives
    the SSD total 3.24TB
    Case
    worstation /Laptop
    Cooling
    Twin Fans
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    firefox 64 bit
    Antivirus
    AVAST PREMIUM
Here are some simple approaches:

Ways To Fix VCRUNTIME140.dll Missing Error

#1) Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan

Windows offers its users the feature to fix the corrupt files in the memory.
Windows System File Checker makes it easier to locate the corrupt files in the system and then fix them automatically.

Follow the steps mentioned below to initiate a System File Checker Scan on your system:

a) Click on the “Start” button and search for “Windows PowerShell” as shown in the image below. Make a right-click and click on “Run as Administrator”.

Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan

b) A blue window will be visible as shown below.

blue window

c) Type “sfc/scannow” and press “Enter”.

scan now

d) After the process is completed, the below window will appear.

process is complete

e) When the process is completed, the system will locate all the corrupt files and fix them.

#2) Re-Register VCRUNTIME140.dll File

This is the most efficient way, as by re-registering the DLL file and restarting the system, the error can be fixed.

Follow the steps mentioned below to fix this error:

a) Click on the search bar and type “Command Prompt“. Right-click on the option. Then click on “Run as Administrator” as shown in the image below.

Re-Register VCRUNTIME140.dll File

b) A window will open as shown in the image below. Make sure that the system32 is displayed.

System32 is displayed

c) Now paste this code “regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll” in the Command Prompt.

paste the code

d) Now enter the code “regsvr32 VCRUNTIME140.dll” in the Command Prompt to re-register the .dll file.

#3) Download And Replace File Manually

The DLL files can be downloaded directly and then replaced in the application folder.

Follow the steps mentioned below to download and manually replace the files:

a) Click here or visit the official website of DLL-Files to download the .dll file as shown in the image below and click on “Download”.

Download and Replace File Manually

b) The file will be opened in ZIP format. Now click on “Extract To” and select the folder of the file which is unable to open as shown in the image below and click on “OK”.

ZIP form

The downloaded file will be extracted to the target folder and the error will be resolved.

#4) Install Visual C++ Redistributable For Visual Studio 2015

a) Install Visual Studio1 from Microsoft

b) Select either “vc_redistx64.exe” for 64-bit file or vc_redistx86.exe for 32-bit system and click on “Next”.

download type

c) Click on the checkbox titled “I agree to license terms and conditions” and click on “Install”.

licence terms and conditions

#5) Update Windows

a) Click on the ‘’Settings button’’. The Settings window will open as shown in the image below. Now click on the “Update & security” option.

update and security

b) The Update & security window will open. The system will check for updates, and updates will start downloading as shown below.

update

#6) Reinstall App With Error

The incomplete download of the files of an application can be a possible reason for such an error, so try uninstalling the application and installing it again on your system.

a) Open Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program” as shown in the image below.

Uninstall a program

b) From the list of programs, select the program to be uninstalled and click on “Uninstall”.

uninstall

c) Visit the website of the application and download the file again.

d) Run the setup and install the file.

setup complete

#7) Update Drivers

The drivers are mainly the root cause of such errors in the system because the bug in the driver brings many errors such as BSoD error.
Therefore, the initial step to fix this error must include updating your drivers to the latest version.

There can even be a possibility that the user might have updated the driver, and still, he/she is facing this error. In such cases, it is better to roll back the driver to the previous version.

a) Right-click on the “Windows” icon and click on “Device Manager,” as shown in the image below.

device manager - VCRUNTIME140 dll Not Found fixed

b) The Device Manager window will open, as shown in the image below.

device manger window - VCRUNTIME140 dll Not Found fixed

c) Right-click on all drivers one by one and click on “Update Driver”.

update driver - VCRUNTIME140 dll Not Found fixed

Likewise, update all the drivers one after the other.

#8) System Restore

System Restore is an efficient way to fix errors. To fix this error, the system can be restored to its earlier version.
There may be a possibility that the system may malfunction due to new updates, and therefore, the user must remove these new updates.
how to create a system restore point in detail and perform a system restore at the time of BSoD error, please refer to the “System Restore” section of the article: Windows 10 Critical Process Died.

#9) Scan Your System. Run Windows Defender Scan

Windows offers its users the feature to scan the system and monitor the condition of the system and the hardware of the system. This feature is termed Windows Defender.

Follow the steps mentioned below to initiate a Windows defender scan:

a) Open Settings and click on ‘Update & Security’ as shown in the image below.

update and security - VCRUNTIME140 dll Not Found fixed

b) Click on “Windows Defender” from the list of options and then click on “Open Windows Defender Security Center”.

Windows defender - VCRUNTIME140 dll Not Found fixed

c) Click on “Quick Scan”.

scan history - VCRUNTIME140 dll Not Found fixed

d) The system will check for viruses or threats in the system and the system will restart.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 10, Linux Mint and more
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD 3800X, Intel 6900K
    Motherboard
    X99 E-WS USB 3.1, CROSSHAIR HERO VIII
    Memory
    128 GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR, 32 GB TEAM GROUP T FORCE
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA 1070, SAPPHIRE RX 590 NITRO+
    Sound Card
    ONBOARD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAMSUNG 32"
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    :::GRINS::: SERIOUSLY?
    PSU
    CORSAIR 1000 W PLATINUM
    Case
    THERMAL TAKE / AZZA
    Cooling
    NOCTUA / CM
    Keyboard
    LOGITECH PRODIGY
    Mouse
    LOGITECH
    Internet Speed
    1 GBs
    Browser
    FIREFOX
    Antivirus
    KASPERSKY
    Other Info
    PC builder. Own a dozen PCs / built hundreds. All of us have a lot to learn. Some of us stand to learn more than others and those who think they know the most generally know the least. I'm here to learn and pass on what little I know.
Hi
Thanks Scannaerman I folowed your instruction on the bluescreen the message was 'sfc/scannow is recognised make the path is correct and try again . I did and te same message came. als i went futher down your list and when as admin in CMD regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll this message came the module VCRUNTIME was loaded but the entry point Dll Unreistered serverver was not found. I can't see where I went wrong I checked every step with your instructions but could not get either to work. Thank you any way.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    worstation 7710
    CPU
    i7 6th gen
    Memory
    64 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    deicated Intel HD 530
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Screen Resolution
    3840x2160
    Hard Drives
    the SSD total 3.24TB
    Case
    worstation /Laptop
    Cooling
    Twin Fans
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    firefox 64 bit
    Antivirus
    AVAST PREMIUM
Often the SFC will solve the problem. It could be that you have some services disabled. You have me curious now. Have you tried saving recent work and personal files to a separate drive and running System Restore afterward?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD 3800X, Intel 6900K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    ONBOARD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAMSUNG 32"
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    CORSAIR 1000 W PLATINUM
    Case
    THERMAL TAKE / AZZA
    Cooling
    NOCTUA / CM
    Keyboard
    LOGITECH PRODIGY
    Mouse
    LOGITECH
    Internet Speed
    1 GBs
    Browser
    FIREFOX
    Antivirus
    KASPERSKY
    Other Info
    PC builder. Own a dozen PCs / built hundreds. All of us have a lot to learn. Some of us stand to learn more than others and those who think they know the most generally know the least. I'm here to learn and pass on what little I know.
I have Dell xeon precision with two M2 512 GB SSD drives and a 2TB ssd in tthe HDD drive I have win 8.1 on bay 3 But when win loads it placess a 350 mb file on Bay 2 both M2 Pcei drives I only have games files on the 2 TB drive all other saved file are on the same drive as the OS. The version or win 8.1 is a copy of my sons he down load from his works laptop for me he said it is fully updated and is 4.9 gb of space reon the usb. I have since dowloaded windows 8.1 pro fro Microsoft via Media creation tool I will instal that and retry what you have put on this forum I will let you know the outcome.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    worstation 7710
    CPU
    i7 6th gen
    Memory
    64 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    deicated Intel HD 530
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Screen Resolution
    3840x2160
    Hard Drives
    the SSD total 3.24TB
    Case
    worstation /Laptop
    Cooling
    Twin Fans
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    firefox 64 bit
    Antivirus
    AVAST PREMIUM
Thank you for providing me with this information. It might be of some help. Evidently you are running a CPU typically used in server systems and not really a standard domestic end user laptop. Although it isn't impossible to game on Xeon CPUs (people do it all the time) it really isn't a chip designed for that sort of functionality. That aside, you have some impressive storage and I'm almost beginning to wonder if the 350 Mb file you're getting on the M.2 drives isn't for the purpose of RAID, which isn't uncommon in server based systems. I highly recommend saving all your valuable data to the 2TB drive you mentioned before reinstalling a fresh operating system. Make absolutely sure that your operating system will install on the NVMe array (if indeed that is what it is). Personally, I don't like taking chances when installing an operating system on a unit with multiple drives so I disconnect all other drives that I won't be putting my operating system on and reconnect them again after the fresh operating system is installed. Should you decide to do this then make sure you turn off the unit, remove the battery, and then pull the 2TB drive.

Leave the NVMe drives in the laptop.

I have a sneaky suspsicion you might be running NVMe in RAID and that might be why your system is looking for a server dll file. This, coupled with the fact that you are using a cloned copy of an OS from a different unit, could explain a lot. Once you're operating system is installed and updated you can turn off the laptop, remove the battery again, put back the 2TB drive and reconnect it, put back the battery and the cover plate for the 2TB drive (if it uses one) and turn the system back on. Windows 8.1 will let you make a shortcut on your desktop to the 2TB storage drive.

One more thing. Make sure you go to the Dell website and get all the drivers that you need that apply to the make and model of your laptop. If you are indeed already set up for RAID in your BIOS I would advise looking for the Dell version of the Rapid Storage Technology driver. NVMe in RAID is quite impressive once you get it working right. By all means let me know how it works out for you. Have fun! :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD 3800X, Intel 6900K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    ONBOARD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAMSUNG 32"
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    CORSAIR 1000 W PLATINUM
    Case
    THERMAL TAKE / AZZA
    Cooling
    NOCTUA / CM
    Keyboard
    LOGITECH PRODIGY
    Mouse
    LOGITECH
    Internet Speed
    1 GBs
    Browser
    FIREFOX
    Antivirus
    KASPERSKY
    Other Info
hi reading your last post it gave me an idea I checked my M2 drives and found loads of file errors so I checked to see if they were none rade like my 2 tb drive but they wasn't and I could not find out how to make them none raid so I moved my games onto the M2 and loaded genuine microsoft version of win 8.1 and bingo all is fine sofar I have twenty Dell drivers to load and set up then i will have a perfect laptop again. So I must thank you so much for your help i am most greatful to you. and by the way I spent seven months In Canada in 1992 in Ontario Hamilton and port Colbourne I hope to go back soon .

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    worstation 7710
    CPU
    i7 6th gen
    Memory
    64 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    deicated Intel HD 530
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Screen Resolution
    3840x2160
    Hard Drives
    the SSD total 3.24TB
    Case
    worstation /Laptop
    Cooling
    Twin Fans
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    firefox 64 bit
    Antivirus
    AVAST PREMIUM
I am delighted to learn that this has all worked out for you. You did well to leave the M.2 in its original configuration. You will have blazing fast transfer speeds because of this. Be sure to keep your 2TB drive for storage purposes and I also recommend making a Windows backup of your operating system, a system image if at all possible. In addition to this make certain that your file history also writes to your 2TB drive if you're not using an external hard drive. Keep your NVMe configuration free for more immediate activity and you should be fine with it just as it is. I cannot stress the importance of a back up strongly enough however. Stuff happens even to good units like the one you currently use. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD 3800X, Intel 6900K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    ONBOARD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAMSUNG 32"
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    CORSAIR 1000 W PLATINUM
    Case
    THERMAL TAKE / AZZA
    Cooling
    NOCTUA / CM
    Keyboard
    LOGITECH PRODIGY
    Mouse
    LOGITECH
    Internet Speed
    1 GBs
    Browser
    FIREFOX
    Antivirus
    KASPERSKY
    Other Info
Hi I looked in on thelaptop manual and it recomends raid in the bis for rapid restore and it is a must if NVMe drives are installed so again thank you for pointing that out for me I can now use all function of this machine Great!!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    worstation 7710
    CPU
    i7 6th gen
    Memory
    64 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    deicated Intel HD 530
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Screen Resolution
    3840x2160
    Hard Drives
    the SSD total 3.24TB
    Case
    worstation /Laptop
    Cooling
    Twin Fans
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    firefox 64 bit
    Antivirus
    AVAST PREMIUM
That is fantastic news! I suspected as much. You have a very nice laptop there. Take good care of it and it will take good care of your data. :)

Always a pleasure to help.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD 3800X, Intel 6900K
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    ONBOARD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAMSUNG 32"
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    CORSAIR 1000 W PLATINUM
    Case
    THERMAL TAKE / AZZA
    Cooling
    NOCTUA / CM
    Keyboard
    LOGITECH PRODIGY
    Mouse
    LOGITECH
    Internet Speed
    1 GBs
    Browser
    FIREFOX
    Antivirus
    KASPERSKY
    Other Info
I am glad you helped me thanks

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    worstation 7710
    CPU
    i7 6th gen
    Memory