Factory reset didn't work thank to an outage

Shyler

Hi,
My pc HP Pavilion (Windows 10 & a 64, not a 32) went funny & told me to do a factory reset, so I back up my files, & started a rest. The disaster struck as I had an outage mid way through a scan advanced options but sadly there is no factory reset and the System Restore, etc don't work.

Went into F10, tried to do a HP reset from there but it keeps telling me it was a reset... if only!!!!
When I turned on again, it tried going through the motions, and then it told me windows was removed but the reset only got to 44%

Now when I turn my pc on I can only get to setting language & keyboard the Troubleshoot - I got to Advanced options but nothing will work and Command Prompt opens with Administrator: x:\ Windows\system 32\cmd exe which then shows X: \Windows\systems32

If anyone can help me I would be MORE than grateful, as I am stuck at home after being in hospital yesterday with my back and cannot go out for 14 days owing to my chance of getting an infection (I am Covid negative, as I needed a test before I went in!) So any ]one who can get my darn pc working would help cheer me up, as I could do with it, as I am in a lot of pain at present & it is glorious hot weather outside & I have to stay inside with my legs up and my back propped by cushions & pillows, but I am still in pain.
Thank you in advance...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 10 64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavillion
Sounds like you will be needing the Reinstall the OS from the Setup Media... Then restore your personal files you backed up..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
Sounds like you will be needing the Reinstall the OS from the Setup Media... Then restore your personal files you backed up..
So I guess I'll have to buy the OS system then, as no matter how much you spend, they don't include discs anymore... Thank you anyway.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 10 64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavillion
When you get that all sorted out, you may well consider getting a Battery Backup unit.

Also, if you had a Backup of your C: drive, saved to a safe place, like an external HD, we'd not be having this conversation. Eh?
I have both of the above mentioned items, and use them religiously.

Sounds like you've got some work to do.
:cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core