• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

explorer crashes when i right click a file

AG2015

It only happens with this one file, everything else works just fine. i've tried shexview that did not work, all my updates are installed, i have no viruses... Honestly I have no idea what is going on, or how to stop it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 pro

TechnoMage

Power User
Central Florida

What is the file? And, where did it come from?
You're not giving us much to go on.

Have you tried copying or moving that file?
Do you have a backup copy of the file?

Just at first glance, it would appear that the file has an error in it that crashes Windows Explorer.

More info please!!!

:cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number
    Gigabyte
    CPU
    AMD 8 Core
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    PNY, 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA, GForce 210
    Monitor(s) Displays
    21" HP
    Hard Drives
    Seagate SATA III, 500GB
    PSU
    Antec Earthwatts, 650
    Case
    Pac-Man Case
    Keyboard
    HP Professional
    Mouse
    GearHead Wireless
    Internet Speed
    5 Meg
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    AVG Free
    Other Info
    Using Classic Shell on Win-8.1 pro

AG2015

the file is a cheat loader from mombot dot co dot uk.
it is not malware, I have tried launching it on a flash drive, SD card, and multiple internal drives. It is only that one file that causes explorer to 'hang' or crash. as a side note, the hang is permanent it does not resolve it's self after a set amount of time, i have left it like that for 10 minutes nothing happened. From what i can gather I cannot add an exception to windows defender to see if thats the issue. Like I said I have tried shexview and disabling third party applications, that again did not work. I have also re-downloaded this file 7 times now each for every new storage device to see if it was isolated to the drive the file was extracted to... I would also like to mention that I am unable to just normally launch the file as well, double clicking also causes explorer to hang / crash.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 pro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)