What's new

Dual boot Windows 8.1 and OS X Yosemite or Mavericks?

KSINGH

Hey, I have recently been looking for a new Macintosh for music production, they have a program called Logic X, and after looking a Macs, I am shocked at how expensive they are.
Anyway, I was wondering if I am able to run OS X Yosemite or Mavericks with my current setup with a dual boot.
Specs:
CPU-AMD A6-3620-Llnao-QuadCore-2.20Ghz
Graphics-AMD Radeon HD 6530D-512MB
RAM-16GB Corsair Vengance
HDD-2TB with a partition at 1TB(so 1TB for each partition)

I am currently running Windows 8.1 and I have tried running Yosemite and Mavericks in a VMStation, but return the error "the cpu has been disabled by the guest operating system)

I know my PC isnt a power house, but is there any way I could dual boot with my setup?
I think I have the files I need,
I have the Yosemite-Zone.iso for the Yosemite OS X, distro by Niresh
and I have the Mavericks.iso for the mavericks OS X also distro by Niresh.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and the steps I need to take to make this possible?
Thanks

KSINGH

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer X3470
    CPU
    AMD QC A6-3620 APU
    Motherboard
    x3470Acer
    Memory
    16GB (4GB by default)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6530D/512MB
    Browser
    Mozilla Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast Free Antivirus

Anshad Edavana

Power User
Hi

Yes, Macs are very expensive and that's one of the reason Apple is nothing outside USA - or at least in Asian countries. I know a few videographers here who bought Mac for the sole purpose of running "Final Cut" which doesn't have a Windows version.

You may be able to install Mac in to a generic PC but you should know that it's against Apple EULA and may considered as illegal regrdless even if you pay for OS X. Being siad that i am no expert in building a "Hackintosh" ( PC + OS X ). I once tried OS X on my PC just to test how the OS X looks and works. I didn't like the user interface and never bothered to try OS X again. I hope someone familiar with dual booting OS X and Windows will be able to help you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7

pcgeek11

I was wondering if I am able to run OS X Yosemite or Mavericks with my current setup with a dual boot.

I am currently running Windows 8.1 and I have tried running Yosemite and Mavericks in a VMStation, but return the error "the cpu has been disabled by the guest operating system)

I know my PC isnt a power house, but is there any way I could dual boot with my setup?
I think I have the files I need,
I have the Yosemite-Zone.iso for the Yosemite OS X, distro by Niresh
and I have the Mavericks.iso for the mavericks OS X also distro by Niresh.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and the steps I need to take to make this possible?
Thanks

KSINGH

The CPU is disabled, do you have the Virtual support turned on in the BIOS? If not turn it on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJYpT7L5ag

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8

parallax

Banned

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte ep35-ds3r rev 2.1
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVdia 9400GT

KSINGH

Hi, Just intalled Mavericks on a virtualmachine last night, works so far, performance is decent, can I use the same method I did to install this on a VBox, to my actual pc?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer X3470
    CPU
    AMD QC A6-3620 APU
    Motherboard
    x3470Acer
    Memory
    16GB (4GB by default)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6530D/512MB
    Browser
    Mozilla Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast Free Antivirus

pcgeek11

Hi, Just intalled Mavericks on a virtualmachine last night, works so far, performance is decent, can I use the same method I did to install this on a VBox, to my actual pc?

Depends is the best answer you will get. It depends on your hardware.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)