• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Disable Internet Explorer on one logon profile?

dewisant

Hi Guys,
Im setting up a Windows 8 machine in a salon. I have set up two logons, one Admin with Administator rights and password protected and one User with Standard rights with no password.
The User profile is for empoyees to access a Salon database. The salon does not want employees to have internet access.

I have kept internet explorer installed so that the Admin can have access. I have crippled internet explorer on the User profile by changing the proxy server to 127.0.0.1 which works but I wouldn't take a savy employee too long to get around it.

I do not want to completely deinstall internet explorer (Programs and Features - Turn programs off) from the whole machine as a remote login program I use called Splashtop stops working when I do.
Also if I Set Default Programs and change access to internet explorer under User then it disables it on Admin and allows it on User! Exactly the opposite of what I want to achieve!

Any ideas on a easy way to disable browser access on one logon only?

Once it is all up and running I could remove internet explorer completely and install Firefox portable on the Admin profile but if I can keep IE with Splashtop I would prefer it.

Cheers
Al

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1