Disable Ability to Drag/Snap Desktop (& All Other "Hot Corners")

OCDAboutWindows

Is there a way to do this via registry tweaks? I'm aware Classic/Open Shell and StartIsBack both allow this (along with all other hot corners), but I do not want to have to install one of those.

For the avoidance of confusion, I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about. It's what happens when you click at the very top of your desktop on Windows 8.1 and drag down. I want to disable that functionality. I can deal with the other hot corners (although I would prefer to get rid of them, too) but this one is a nightmare as it means you can't actually create a highlight box on your desktop whilst your cursor is at the very top of the screen.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    77 KB · Views: 127

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
When given the best answer there is, you say "I don't want to do that". Why?
The new Classic Shell will give you a lot more benefits than just disabling HOT Corners.
I won't install either 8.1 or 10 without it. All my customers greatly appreciate that too,
since most of them are coming up from years of running Windows 7.
And it's FREE. All you have to do is download it, and install it. The rest is pretty simple.
And, if you need further help, just ask.

TM :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    Crucial, 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce 9200
    Sound Card
    On Board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Acer
    Hard Drives
    Sandisk, SSD 500GB
    PSU
    Acer
    Case
    SFF Slimline
    Keyboard
    emachines 101 key
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless
    Internet Speed
    5 Meg
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    Using Classic Shell on Win-8.1 /pro/64
When given the best answer there is, you say "I don't want to do that". Why?
The new Classic Shell will give you a lot more benefits than just disabling HOT Corners.
I won't install either 8.1 or 10 without it. All my customers greatly appreciate that too,
since most of them are coming up from years of running Windows 7.
And it's FREE. All you have to do is download it, and install it. The rest is pretty simple.
And, if you need further help, just ask.

TM :cool:
Thank you for the response. I'm aware of what Classic Shell can do, however I am asking if this is possible without it. My reasons for not wanting to use it are little things that wouldn't bother most people, but bother me greatly (hence my username) - whenever Classic Shell is running, the start button gets moved 1 pixel to the left and there is no fix for it other than adding your own custom button, which then 1. doesn't shrink if you change the taskbar size from large to small, and 2. doesn't have the animation that the normal 8.1 start button has. There is an arduous solution for the second thing, but not the first and I don't want to have to use a custom button anyway. This is annoying enough to me that I simply won't use the software, however I do want all hot corners disabled.

If what I'm asking about isn't possible, please let me know. Thanks.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Probs best you can do with registry tweaks (Without downloading anything)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\EdgeUi]
"DisableTLCorner"=dword:00000001
"DisableTRCorner"=dword:00000001
"DisableCharmsHint"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage]
"OpenAtLogon"=dword:00000000

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Professional x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7 3770 (non K) @ 4.45 GHZ / Ryzen 5 3600
    Motherboard
    MSI Z77 / MSI B450
    Memory