Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card

June 28, 2012

X-Fi Beta drivers for Windows 8.

Creative Worldwide Support

Did this work for you? I am having problems. The sound isn't working in the RP but it was working for the CP. I have tried downloading and installing from that link as well. I get SBXF_PCDRV_WIN8_BETA_US_2_18_0015A.exe run it (tried admin/compatibility mode) but it just says "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system". I know for a fact I have the Sound Blaster x-fi XtremeGamer.

Any help would be most grateful

You have a real X-Fi card, not one of the re-labeled Audigy ones, so the drivers ought to work. They did for me.

I had the Windows 7 drivers released already installed. (I probably used the "troubleshooting" mode to install them.) I installed the Win8 beta drivers over those. Whether that made any difference, I don't know.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Window 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    homebuilt
    CPU
    I7-3930k
    Motherboard
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    Memory
    16 GB Gskill DDR3-2133
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA GTX 680
    Sound Card
    Soundblaster Zx
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus PA246Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force GT 120GB
    WD Cavair Black 1.5TB
    PSU
    PC Power & cooling Silencer 750
    Case
    Silverstone FT02B-W
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14 w/ PWM fans
    Keyboard
    cheap Logitech USB wired
    Mouse
    old 5 button Microsoft USB optical
    Internet Speed
    6Mb cable
I'm having a little trouble with my Creative X-Fi Fatality series card. it seems every or every other reboot the driver does load correctly. It shows that it is loaded, but I get no sound. If I go into device manager and tell it to un-install the card and then scan for new hardware, it will find the card and the Audio will work fine, until a reboot or two later.

I also dual boot into windows 7 and now when the card stops working in Windows 8 it will sometimes stop working in windows 7, until I again, remove the device and let windows re-add it. The big difference is under widows 7, I can reboot all day and never lose audio. But 50% of the time windows 8 will boot with no Audio.

I'm using the win8 beta drive and the previous win7 driver (2.1.18 I believe) and it doesn't seem to change. So far I've nevre lost Audio with windows 8 running, just on reboots.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7-SP1 / Windows 8.1 pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    MSI\Intel
    CPU
    I2600K
    Motherboard
    MSI P67a-65GD (B3)
    Memory
    8GB Gskill Ripsaw
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte 780GTX - nVidia
    Sound Card
    SoundBlaster Z
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus 24"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    PSU
    Antec 1200W
    Case
    Thermaltake
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech G19
    Mouse
    Logitech MX518
    Internet Speed
    30/3
    Antivirus
    Norton
I'm having a little trouble with my Creative X-Fi Fatality series card. it seems every or every other reboot the driver does load correctly. It shows that it is loaded, but I get no sound. If I go into device manager and tell it to un-install the card and then scan for new hardware, it will find the card and the Audio will work fine, until a reboot or two later.

I also dual boot into windows 7 and now when the card stops working in Windows 8 it will sometimes stop working in windows 7, until I again, remove the device and let windows re-add it. The big difference is under widows 7, I can reboot all day and never lose audio. But 50% of the time windows 8 will boot with no Audio.

I'm using the win8 beta drive and the previous win7 driver (2.1.18 I believe) and it doesn't seem to change. So far I've nevre lost Audio with windows 8 running, just on reboots.

I am having the exact same problem with my X-Fi Xtrememusic. audio works fine for a reboot or two. then disappears but the sound card is still present in the device manager. when i remove it and re add it it works fine for a reboot or two. Any help with that?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Professional x64
Ok, I think I've actually seen this issue pop up rarely in Windows 7 as well. The drivers and everything appear to be working, but you still have no sound through the back of your card, yet you can still get audio from the front panel headphone jack.

Yeah, it does seem to be a bit of a problem with Windows 8 as well, much more of a problem in fact. I can't say that I've gone through many restarts yet, but I had audio after the first restart I know, but then I lost it at some point, I'm not sure when exactly as I wasn't really using programs that used sounds for a few days.

Anyway, the trick I use to get sound back up and running without reinstalling drivers is to simply launch the creative volume panel/switcher and switch modes. The first switch brings back sound, and then I just return to the mode I was using and away I go with sound again.

It does seem however that it has a short memory on what your speaker setup is. I have mine set to 5.1, and I have seen it switch to 2.1 a few times on me, but both of these issues are a fairly quick and easy change. Not that we should have to mess with this for it to work, but you have to deal with what creative and microsoft gives us.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    CPU
    Phenom II 955
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    12gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    radeon 5870
The Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card works fine in Windows 8. The drivers for Windows 7 work without any problem and the Creative updater and control panel also work as they should in Windows 8. The drivers can be downloaded here for the X-Fi Xtreme Audio card - Creative Worldwide Support > Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

BETA DRIVERS:

June 28, 2012

X-Fi Beta drivers for Windows 8.

Creative Worldwide Support

I'm afraid it's not quite as simple as you put it - as there are documented instances where things are in-fact amiss with x-fi cards (on the software side) and Windows 8. I don't have any problems in Windows 7, but when I was using Windows 8 (RTM, Pro x64) for a few days, I was experiencing the Console Launcher (in Game Mode) always resetting to default upon every Windows restart. At that point, I also lost all sound to my speakers. However, I could still change to Entertainment Mode which did retain my settings, but still, no sound from speakers unless I manually reset all settings in the Console Launcher. This is exactly what is being recorded here: Windows 8 Pro x64 Retail No Sound after Restart Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Driver

So, yes, the drives may work at first glance, but things are not yet 100% reliable.

Edit:
(While using Windows 8)
Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Driver: SBXF_PCDRV_WIN8_BETA_US_2_18_0015A
Console Launcher: 2.20.16
Volume Panel: 2.10.57
Audio Console: 2.30.09

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 x64
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @ 3.7Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 (Rev 2.1)
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 4x2GB @ 800Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte GTX670 GV-N670OC-2GD

OK...Here is the hardware ID info from my sound card...
I had sound in windows 7 x64...just completely formatted
drive and loaded win 8 build 8400...what gives?

sound card hardware id.jpg

Any fix yet?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 x64
    hp pavilion d4890y
The problem with all X-Fi Cards under windows 8 is that Console launcher can't save your settings every time you reset your system, there's a solution that I' tried it
on my X-fi XtremeMusic and actually worked, just google "PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.35 Default Tweak Edition" , with some luck you'll be at the forum from PAX Drivers...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 pro
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4
    Motherboard
    M5A97
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI RADEON HD 5700
This is what i have done to get the savings to work on my pc, using windows 8 -32
Works perfect but i have only tested this on PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.25

1: Install Windows 8
2: Disable driver sign
3: install PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.25
4: Reboot
5: Configre the sound settings you want
6: Turn of the computer
7: Turn on the computer and see if the changes you made is saved
8: Reboot the pc (settings sould still be saved)
9: Turn off hibernate (open cmd as admin and type this: powercfg -h off)
10: Done!

Note:-before installing the PAXdriver hibernate must be on

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Got mine fixed after installing PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.25

It did not work the first time. It worked right after I setup my defaults and then I turned off my PC without proper Windows shutdown. Ever since I kept my defaults. Pretty weird.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 (64-bit)
Hi guys, just got Windows 8 but im having the same problem "unable to detect supported product"

I wanna install the console and maybe the beta drivers... thanks

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00421102&REV_04
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00421102
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&CC_040300
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&CC_0403

The drivers installed through windows update fine, but I really want the console... Gives me that unable crap whenver i wanna install it...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8 64bit
how do I install the control panel if it doesnt detect my sound card? this is frustrating... im not getting any sound either :(

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8 64bit
I think I fixed the problem with the control panel not saving the settings and having no sound after start/restart...

I stumbled upon this accidentally, I pressed Sleep instead of restart earlier... Loaded up windows, and all the settings were saved! I tested it by restarting, playing around with settings, everything... As long as you change your settings, put the computer in Sleep mode, then get out of it, settings should be saved!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8 64bit
Win8 detected my SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme card and loaded it's own drivers. I didn't have to do anything else, but I did load the Creative Suite of apps after ensuring that the card was working correctly...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built Intel i7-3770k-based system
    CPU
    Intel i7-3770k, Overclocked to 4.6GHz (46x100) with Corsair H110i GT cooler
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 OC Formula 2.30 BIOS
    Memory
    32GB DDR3 2133 Corsair Vengeance Pro
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GTX 980ti SC ACS 6GB DDR5 by EVGA
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, Corsair SP2500 speakers and subwoofer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG 27EA33 [Monitor] (27.2"vis) HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (system drive)
    WD 6TB Red NAS hard drives x 2 in Storage Spaces (redundancy)
    PSU
    Corsair 750ax fully modular power supply with sleeved cables
    Case
    Corsair Air 540 with 7 x 140mm fans on front, rear and top panels
    Cooling
    Corsair H110i GT liquid cooled CPU with 4 x 140" Corsair SP "push-pull" and 3 x 140mm fans
    Keyboard
    Thermaltake Poseidon Z illuminated keyboard
    Mouse
    Corsair M65 wired
    Internet Speed
    85MBps DSL
    Browser
    Chrome and Edge
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, MalwareBytes Pro and CCleaner Pro
    Other Info
    Client of Windows Server 2012 R2 10 PC's, laptops and smartphones on the WLAN.

1GBps Ethernet ports
I'm having the same problem a lot of you guys were having. I just got a new PC and wanted to install my old X-Fi Xtreme Audio card into the new rig. At first the card didn't show up in Device Manager (just said HD Audio Device or something like that) and I got the same error message when trying to install the Creative drivers for the card for Windows 8. So I had Windows manually install the drivers (right-clicked in Device Manager> selected install/update drivers> let Windows search for best driver).

After doing that the card was correctly recognized and listed in Device Manager as "Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio" and so I thought my problem was solved. However, when I tried to install the updated Windows 8 driver from Creative's site I still get the same "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system..." nonsense. I can get sound out of the card, but it's only stereo. How do I get the updated drivers and creative software installed so I can get it playing in 5.1? My Z-5500s are going to waste :(

For what it's worth, I extracted the zipped driver file and when I opend the "Drivers" folder, the only other folder listed there is Vista. Should I be seeing something for Windows 7/8?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    iBuyPower
    CPU
    i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce GTX 660
I'm having the same problem a lot of you guys were having. I just got a new PC and wanted to install my old X-Fi Xtreme Audio card into the new rig. At first the card didn't show up in Device Manager (just said HD Audio Device or something like that) and I got the same error message when trying to install the Creative drivers for the card for Windows 8. So I had Windows manually install the drivers (right-clicked in Device Manager> selected install/update drivers> let Windows search for best driver).

After doing that the card was correctly recognized and listed in Device Manager as "Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio" and so I thought my problem was solved. However, when I tried to install the updated Windows 8 driver from Creative's site I still get the same "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system..." nonsense. I can get sound out of the card, but it's only stereo. How do I get the updated drivers and creative software installed so I can get it playing in 5.1? My Z-5500s are going to waste :(

For what it's worth, I extracted the zipped driver file and when I opend the "Drivers" folder, the only other folder listed there is Vista. Should I be seeing something for Windows 7/8?

Did you try the X-Fi drivers or the ones for the Xtreme Audio (which isn't exactly an X-Fi card)?

Creative Worldwide Support#

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Window 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    homebuilt
    CPU
    I7-3930k
    Motherboard
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    Memory
    16 GB Gskill DDR3-2133
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA GTX 680
    Sound Card
    Soundblaster Zx
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus PA246Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force GT 120GB
    WD Cavair Black 1.5TB
    PSU
    PC Power & cooling Silencer 750
    Case
    Silverstone FT02B-W
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14 w/ PWM fans
    Keyboard
    cheap Logitech USB wired
    Mouse
    old 5 button Microsoft USB optical
    Internet Speed
    6Mb cable
Please if anyone knows any way to contact gman, any email or twitter or anything do tell me because i've reread this forum again and again but cant seem to find the solution for my problem.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Hi guys. Im having a similar problem with my X-FI xtreme sound card. Although Im using a windows 7 64bit OS.

So Im not sure if it makes a difference.

Heres the hardware IDs:

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00291102&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00291102
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_0401

Ive been using my sound card for over a year on this computer. Somehow without any warning, my soundcard stopped working. After uninstalling the drivers, I could no longer get windows or the install drivers to detect the sound card. All windows says is "Multimedia Audio Controller". And the driver installer couldnt find the supported product.

I have tried replugging the card, clean boot install, disabling onboard sound card, disabling every audio controller, etc... still no luck.
Only thing left that I could find is the solution posted 2 years ago in this thread.

Can anyone help me here?

-- Kiwi

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Home
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    AMD FX-4100
    Motherboard
    ASUS M5A97
    Memory
    12 GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon R9 270x
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast
Sadly i searched the whole internet and couldnt find anything to help me out its just that sometimes they just wont work for no reason whatsoever. Believe me when i say i know what you're going through.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Back