Creating Recovery Image

scorpio012

Hello, I'm sure my question will sound fairly elementary to most of you, but I'm still learning. My question concerns creating a recovery image. I've entered a Command Prompt-Admin and it has finished doing the Initializing phase as well as the Creating Snapshot phase, but it's now on Writing Image and for the last fifteen minutes it still says only 1% is completed. Have I done something wrong or am I not being patient enough? I had assumed that since the other two phases took a few minutes the Writing Image phase would take the same amount of time. Is there an average amount of time that it usually takes? This question will definitely make you think that I have no idea about what I'm doing!! Earlier I had asked if there was an average time that it takes for the Writing Image phase of a Custom Recovery to finish, when I finished typing my last question I looked to see how far along the writing phase was, but instead of showing it, all I saw didn't have any progress at all and now I'm wondering if there is a way I can tell if the actual Image was done? Thanks again

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Norton
What Software are you using to create recovery image (Software Name ?? )

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
What Software are you using to create recovery image (Software Name ?? )

Hello KYHI, Thank you for your help. I hope I understand what you're asking me for. I use Windows 8.1 as my OS and I was using a 16GB flash drive made by HotTips.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Norton
Back