Continuous Beeping and Laggy Mouse

First of all thanks for posting everyone the more information we can find the better chance we will have of fixing this. I have noticed a recent trend that a lot of people that have this issue have a Razor mouse of some sort. At least 4 people on this thread have one. Is there anyone that does not have a razor mouse or at one time used one that has this issue? I have tried using a different mouse but the problem remains so it could be that the razor software or driver does something to corrupt the system. I was thinking of using a different mouse and purging all drivers and software from razor and see if that has an effect.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I actually just experienced this issue a few hours ago, I'm using an Anker 8000 dpi mouse and my specs
Asus Z97-A
Intel core i7 4790K
16 GiB (4x4) DDR3 1600
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4 GiB

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Professional
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K
    Motherboard
    Asus Z97-A
    Memory
    16 (4x4) GiB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 760 4 GiB
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    1 x Intel 335 180 GB SSD (OS)
    3 x Seagate 1 TB
    2 x Seagate 2 TB
    Mouse
    Anker 8000 DPI Mouse
    Internet Speed
    125/25 Mbps
Ok so I tried replacing both my keyboard and my mouse but it had no effect. I also tried replacing my mouse with a PS/2 mouse (I had to search pretty hard to find one that actually works with windows 8.1) and the issue is STILL present with a PS/2 mouse...... I am going to pull both my video cards at this point and try and run without then just to see if they are the issue somehow.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
hi, I just found this somewhere else:
Keyboard / Mouse lag constant beeping Windows 7 and 8 Fix!! ~ EvonsDesigns

I'm not sure this will help but I have tried it and so far it has helped me. I will report if it turns out it really hasn't.

I found this, Keyboard shortcuts - Windows Help

which works for windows 7 but also applies to 8. It's rather obvious but it turns out that if you accidentally hold certain keys such as the right shift or bloq num for some seconds, these new windows shortcuts may change your mouse settings.

now I have no idea why a combination of these would cause a mouse to lag and beep, but fixing this and being careful not to hold crazy keys has worked for me so far.

edit: for the record, it happened to me while using just the trackpad on a notebook, so I figure it has little to do with USB port.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
hi, I just found this somewhere else:
Keyboard / Mouse lag constant beeping Windows 7 and 8 Fix!! ~ EvonsDesigns

I'm not sure this will help but I have tried it and so far it has helped me. I will report if it turns out it really hasn't.

I found this, Keyboard shortcuts - Windows Help

which works for windows 7 but also applies to 8. It's rather obvious but it turns out that if you accidentally hold certain keys such as the right shift or bloq num for some seconds, these new windows shortcuts may change your mouse settings.

now I have no idea why a combination of these would cause a mouse to lag and beep, but fixing this and being careful not to hold crazy keys has worked for me so far.

edit: for the record, it happened to me while using just the trackpad on a notebook, so I figure it has little to do with USB port.

Thanks for chiming in, Sadly I have already tried that to no avail :( When issue happens to me I am never actually typing on the keyboard in any way.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Having suffered from this issue for the better part of a year, I thought I'd share what all I know about this in hopes it helps the search for a solution:

1) When resuming a logged in session locally that was previously in RDP, any movement of the mouse causes interrupt "beeps" if moved within a few seconds after login.
2) Waiting a full minute before moving the mouse seems to mitigate the issue somewhat, though not fully.
3) I've tested with both AMD and NVIDIA GPU's.
4) The issue may be related to running Client Hyper-V on the PC.
5) The issue may be related to multiple mice / keyboards on the PC.
6) The issue may be related to Logitech mice / keyboards.
7) The simplest fix is to log out via keyboard strokes (i.e. control-alt-delete, down arrow to logout).

Thanks.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8 x64
    System Manufacturer/Model
    len z570
    CPU
    i7 2620m
    Motherboard
    intel
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel hd 3000
Having suffered from this issue for the better part of a year, I thought I'd share what all I know about this in hopes it helps the search for a solution:

1) When resuming a logged in session locally that was previously in RDP, any movement of the mouse causes interrupt "beeps" if moved within a few seconds after login.
2) Waiting a full minute before moving the mouse seems to mitigate the issue somewhat, though not fully.
3) I've tested with both AMD and NVIDIA GPU's.
4) The issue may be related to running Client Hyper-V on the PC.
5) The issue may be related to multiple mice / keyboards on the PC.
6) The issue may be related to Logitech mice / keyboards.
7) The simplest fix is to log out via keyboard strokes (i.e. control-alt-delete, down arrow to logout).

Thanks.
Thanks for posting that is some good info. I had a logitech keyboard too (both of mine are) so I pulled out an old dell keyboard and removed the drivers/software for any logitech product. Still having the issue though :( A lot of other people seem to have logitech keyboard but to be fair they are a really common keyboard manufacturer. The logging out via keyboard is my go to move to resolve it when it pops up but it kills any gaming I can do because it is annoying to have to completely restart the game.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I may have a solution

Ladies and Gentlemen I think I may have fixed my issue..... But I am not going to post it here..... J/K

I have a secondary 22 inch monitor using an HDMI to DVI cable, I had never touched it throughout all the troubleshooting mostly because it had been like that for a long time. I had even been able to confirm the issue with just the 22 inch plugged in and my 4k monitor uplugged.

Well finally I decided to remove the cable plugging in my 22 inch and boom no more issues. Several days of working from home with nothing and several nights of 4k gaming with no issues. I plug the HDMI to DVI cable back in and boom issues return. So for some reason a bad cable is causing some sort of short or issue which is literally like the last thing I would suspect. I got a different HDMI to DVI cable and plugged it in and am still issue free. I will report back if anything changes but I would suggest everyone that has this issue to try and change out all their monitor cables and see if that has an effect.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
[DEL]I think that's very possibly linked to your issue with the display driver. Contrary to popular belief, the latest driver doesn't always mean the best driver to use. Try an older one, perhaps? Not too old, just a version or two before; whichever works, really. Remember to completely remove the current driver, restart, and then install the new one. (be sure to have a backup of the driver installer you currently have installed, in-case it's truly not the driver.

Best of luck.[/DEL]

Well, dammit. Hah. Guess you solved it; didn't notice. Nice one! Had no idea a cable could do that. :huh:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel i5 4690K @ Stock
    Motherboard
    ASUS Z97-K
    Memory
    Corsair XM3 DDR3 1600MHz @ 1333MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS 760 OC @ Stock
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    [1] ASUS, 23", AH-IPS, 16:9 [2] Samsung TV, 20", LCD TFT, 16:9
    Screen Resolution
    [1] 1920 x 1080, 60Hz [2] 1680 x 1050, 60Hz
    Hard Drives
    Internal: 500GB, 1TB, (plus SanDisk, SATAIII, 120GB SSD)
    External: 250GB USB2, 1TB External USB3
    PSU
    Corsair TX750 Enthusiast Edition
    Case
    Zalman Z11
    Cooling
    Air - 9 Total Fans
    Keyboard
    Xebec Media Line
    Mouse
    Logitech Optical
    Internet Speed
    Approx. 550KBps DL, 100KBps UL (EE)
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky Internet Security
    Other Info
    It's "tower," not desktop!
[DEL]I think that's very possibly linked to your issue with the display driver. Contrary to popular belief, the latest driver doesn't always mean the best driver to use. Try an older one, perhaps? Not too old, just a version or two before; whichever works, really. Remember to completely remove the current driver, restart, and then install the new one. (be sure to have a backup of the driver installer you currently have installed, in-case it's truly not the driver.

Best of luck.[/DEL]

Well, dammit. Hah. Guess you solved it; didn't notice. Nice one! Had no idea a cable could do that. :huh:

Yeah me either, I did the rip out my display drivers song and dance about a dozen times and even did a complete re-install of windows before figuring it out.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I've been having this issue for a while now. It only happens for me when I use my Saitek x55 and pro flight pedals. I use them to play Elite Dangerous and every time I quit the game I had this issue. I saw this thread last night and so replaced the HD cable connecting my monitor. This morning I tried playing Elite again and upon quitting I could move my mouse fine, but I couldn't click, every time I clicked it made that beeping noise, and when I unplugged my mouse and plugged it into another port it came up with the same error about it malfunctioning. At least I could move my mouse this time (until I unplugged it) but I still had to hard reset my PC after quitting Elite. I like Elite and would rather not have to hard reboot my PC every time I play it. Is it just a case of keep trying cables until I find one that works? Is there something else I can do?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Pro x64
I've been having this issue for a while now. It only happens for me when I use my Saitek x55 and pro flight pedals. I use them to play Elite Dangerous and every time I quit the game I had this issue. I saw this thread last night and so replaced the HD cable connecting my monitor. This morning I tried playing Elite again and upon quitting I could move my mouse fine, but I couldn't click, every time I clicked it made that beeping noise, and when I unplugged my mouse and plugged it into another port it came up with the same error about it malfunctioning. At least I could move my mouse this time (until I unplugged it) but I still had to hard reset my PC after quitting Elite. I like Elite and would rather not have to hard reboot my PC every time I play it. Is it just a case of keep trying cables until I find one that works? Is there something else I can do?

Well for me replacing that one cord was what did it but considering the number of people that have had this issue it might be more complicated than that. This could be an issue that happens in windows when the video card gets an interrupt somehow, a bad cable can do that but also something wrong with the monitor or video card driver. What I am fairly certain at this point is the issue is hardware related and the problem stems from video.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Well I have a 2 year old GeForce 780ti and a nearly new LG 34UC87-P. This issue occurred with my old monitors as well, before I swapped the dual monitors for this one Super Wide one, so it's not the monitor. Unfortunately I don't have a replacement graphics card I can test. I'll keep an eye on the thread and hope someone will solve it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Pro x64
Got an update, I read on a forum where all the posters were using a Saitek X55 Rhino joystick that were also having the same issue. People mentioned USB extension cables and USB hubs causing issues, and I was running my mouse and keyboard through a USB hub. I've disconnected the hub and so far so good, it's not locked up after using the Saitek X55 so far. Hope that helps someone.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Pro x64

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Well i have kind of the same problem. I say kind of because it's the first time my mouse become laggy and beep on move / on click / on release and won't click.
Normaly screen freezes (even keyboard won't respond), then a few minutes later, everything come back to normal. Last time, when the computer recovered i was in the Log In Screen ! And now, mouse beeps and won't click.

I read the whole thread and i can identify myself to a lot of different thing :
  1. Razer Lachesis
  2. Happen only when Chrome is opened (Wich started to auto-resize when i open it for the first time of the day)
  3. I use TeamViewer every once in a while, not sure if we can concider it like Windows RDP, but it's remote control
  4. My computer is equiped with 1 USB 1 Via multi-card-reader, 6 USB 2(One on front panel) and 8 USB 3 (5 on PCI-E, 1 on front panel via PCI-E card)
  5. Hardware change. In fact i haven't change 1 piece, i kept only the Hard drive and the DVD Writter, Windows 8.1 reconfigured on start-up and worked like a charm before this start to happen.

I do game with my computer but this NEVER happen when i game, only on Chrome !

The rig is :
AMD "Eight"-core @3.5Ghz
16Gb Corsair Vengeance
R9 270X 2Gb
Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Good find. So What I am coming to believe is that this issue can be caused by a number of different problems. So what is one solution for one person does not work for others.

I also have this issue, and am using a stock Lenovo W540 laptop without any external monitor, keyboard, or mouse, running Win 7 Enterprise. So there's another tick in the 'different causes' column.

I have no consistent triggers for this problem, but this laptop has a trackpoint/touchpad and the most recent occurrence happened after a click-and-drag to scroll down a pretty average webpage.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7 enterprise
This started happening about a month ago after I installed about 6 months worth of Windows Updates. Its is just maddening -- it happens at least once a day, the screen will flash black, then you can only move (but not click) the mouse cursor and there is beeping when you move the cursor or attempt to click.

It must have been something in the Windows Updates in the last 6 months, but I cant tell which one.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Back