Continuous Beeping and Laggy Mouse

Ok guys, having the same problem, I did so much thing, I changed my mouse from a RAT 7 to a Logitech G502, changed also my keyboard, updated my drivers with like 10 driver searchers and still nothing. I noticed that when I unplug something from a USB port, the problem seems to go away till it come back again, before the only solution i found was to close my computer and restart. I read everything you wrote guys from page 1 to this one and I sticked on the cable problem that I found funny because I also use some HDMI cable with HDMI to DVI converter and I though that this cannot be the problem solver because it's pretty weird that a monitor would be a problem maker for a mouse... but I'm so desesperate I'll just change my HDMI cables to see if maybe it's going to work. ronaldjeremy said that upgrading to win10 solve the problem, problem is that I love my actual windows! I own windows 7 familial edition so the problem isn't only on win8 ! If the issue come back after changing my cables, I'll share you about it.

Francis

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
I have the same issue running Windows 10 with a USB connected Saitek Cessna Trim controller on Flight Simulator (FSX-SE). Once the error has been triggered (by trying to use the trim wheel), I can't use the mouse because it generates a beep for any action (moving, clicking, moving scroll wheel ..). The only way to recover is to disconnect the device and do a hard shut-down.

I've experimented with a variety of sequences for connecting and disconnecting this trim controller and here is what I've learned.

Once I complete the hard shutdown without the trim controller connected and restart, I can plug the trim controller in and it works without any problems. If I uninstalled the trim device using the device manager, I can disconnect the USB cable and I get a "disconnected sound". When I uninstall the device, I am able to un-plug the trim controller, then plug the trim controller in and it works without any problems (no restart is required).

The error is generated when I disconnect the trim controller after successfully connecting it and using it, Once I've reconnected it and used the trim controller by turning the trim wheel, the error is triggered. In this case, when I disconnect the USB cable, there is no "disconnect sound" generated (implying it wasn't successfully uninstalled). Also, if I leave the trim controller connected and do a restart, the problem is generated.

It appears that the USB connection for this trim controller works without any problems, if it's an initial install. But, when I restart the PC with it connected or disconnect it while using it, this error is triggered.

I am using a wireless Logitech mouse. I've tried several different wireless mouse devices and I still have the same problem. I've tried a PS/2 wired mouse and I have the same problem. So, I've ruled out a hardware problem with the mouse.

My guess is there is some sort of conflict created with my mouse by this USB connection to the trim controller, triggered by reconnecting it or picking it up on a restart.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
@ronbaker so, when you disconnect your mouse, does the problem go away ?

By the way, about my last thread, I had the problem once a day for like 3 days juste before I changed my HDMI cable. Since then, I didn't have this problem, But sometime it occurs after 2 weeks so we never know if it's solve :/

I'll reply if it does again.

Francis

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Yet another new account just to chime in on this. I've not had the beeping issue to the same severity as most of the people who've either posted here or on other threads I read through.

Here's my specs:
i7-860 Lynnfield quad core
16GB DDR3 1600 RAM (4x4)
Gigabyte's Nvidia GTX 970
Intel P55 LG1156 Motherboard

In my case, and this has only happened twice over the course of almost a month, the beeps seem to be triggered by my usage of my Logitech G502's free-fly scroll wheel over multiple windows. I thoroughly enjoy the feeling of watching my scroll wheel go indefinitely, so I tend to play with it a bit, but it seems every time I start the spin, then move the mouse from one scroll-able window to another, the beeps occur after a short black screen flash and the usual symptoms occur. The beeps stop almost immediately after I stop the wheel, but the weird part is, my RAM usage spikes from the usual 15% or so to 92% (of 16GB) about three seconds after the beeping stops. I took a look at my task manager during one of these spikes and found that Nvidia's "Capture Server" is the source of the RAM usage.

I'm only assuming, but I believe this "Capture Server" is part of Nvidia's ShadowPlay software. I can't help but notice that most (if not all) of the GPU's that've been listed in this thread were capable of running either ShadowPlay or AMD's version of the driver-integrated recording software. Is it possible for this issue to be linked to the GPU's drivers rather than that of the mouse? Like some sort of miscommunication bug between the OS and the recording processes?

I also use TeamViewer (which was mentioned previously in this thread) on occasion, but this has never caused any issues.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Me
    CPU
    Intel i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8GHz (3.46GHz Turbo Boost)
    Motherboard
    Intel P55 LG1156 BLKDP55SB
    Memory
    G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600 (4x4)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2x Asus VS247H-P 23.6"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    WD VelociRaptor 1TB 10000 RPM HDD,
    Seagate 4TB 7200RPM SSHD
    PSU
    Raidmax Hybrid 2 RX730SS 730W (Modular)
    Case
    NZXT Apollo (Black/Blue)
    Cooling
    3x 120mm Case fans, Zalman 135mm CPU fan w/Heatsink, Xigmatek Drive Fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech K360
    Mouse
    Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    Internet Speed
    ~12MB/s Download
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    AVG, Kasperski
    Other Info
    LOADS of blue LED's along with an Afterglow Nur Headset, and an Internal USB port wired to a 500GB encrypted ghost drive. Y'kno... for all that stuff I gotta hide.
    Thinking about getting the new NZXT case and outfitting my rig with liquid cooling... but a new CPU, PSU, & motherboard come first to support my plan to run a quad SLI with four of whatever high-end GPU I can get my hands on. XD
Ok I just had the problem back, even after changing my HDMI wire, but I realized that my problem occured when I opened my USB hard drive so maybe that could be the problem, when I unplugged it the problem stopped, but it's not the first time I unplug a USB device and it stops the problem.

Still looking for a solution

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Having the same problem in win7, 8.1 and 10, all 64bit

I get this problem in win 7, 8.1 and 10. The cursor doesn't behave exactly the same on each platform, but is very similar. However I can make this problem happen at will on win 10.

On win 7, the cursor beeps upon movement, and movement is slow and jerky and beeps on each "jerk". Unable to click on anything but keyboard control works perfectly.
On win 8.1, it is similar to the above but only after clicking does the beeping start.
On Win10 there is no beeping, untilI move the mouse and click for a while, but all other symptoms are the same.

On win 7 and 8.1 the problem seemed to be intermittent, maybe happened once every few days, sometimes weeks would go by without the problem.
On win 10 I can reproduce the problem at will currently, and here's how:

I have a powered USB 3.0 hub, 14A, 12 port + fast charge port. This is plugged into a USB 3.0 rear port on the mobo, and all seems to be working correctly. Plugged into this hub, is the following:
  • Saitek pro combat pedals.
  • Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and joystick (2 devices).
  • TrackIR Proclip (power only)
Note the hub is metal, and is grounded.

The hub has a power switch, that also isolates the hub from the PC, so is disconnected when not powered.

Causing the problem to start is a simple as turning on the USB hub, or boot with it turned on (in windows 10) and then turn it off. The mouse lag begins until I restart the machine using the keyboard. Upon shut down, the system will seem to hang at the "shutting down" notice and needs a reset/5 second power switch press.

From prior use this might also be the situation in previous versions of windows, but it is not as predictable.

System specs:
  • Asus Maximus VII Impact (miniITX) motherboard (+ all bundled devices)
    • bios version 2801
  • Intel i7 4790k cpu @4.4GHz (no overclock)
  • 16GB Corsair Dominator Memory (2400) (xmp timing profile)
  • Corsair AX860i psu + Corsair Link (internal usb dongle)
  • USB 3.0 hub powered 14A, switched
  • TM Warthog stick and throttle
  • Saitek pro combat pedals
  • Logitech g910 keyboard (w software)
  • Logitech g9x mouse (w software)
  • Turtle beach atlas Titanfall headset (usb dongle attached to front usb 3.0 port)
  • EVGA Nvidia Titan X SC GPU
  • 2x BenQ XL2720Z & 1x BenQ XL2720T moitors attached via display port

Win7 build prior to upgrade showed the symptoms above with the following differences in hardware:
  • Intel i7 4770k @4.6GHz (oc)
  • 32GB Corsair OEM memory @ 1866 (oc)
  • Asus Z87 Pro
  • Sound Blaster ZxR

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Winwdows 10 64 Pro
Did somebody try to update their BIOS and firmware ? Didn't yet but I just want to know if someone tryed it without succes.

Francis

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Did somebody try to update their BIOS and firmware ? Didn't yet but I just want to know if someone tryed it without succes.

Francis

All of my tests were done on the most recent bios at the time. I'll update my BIG post with the bios version for the impact mobo, but I don't have access to the 87 Pro details any more.

My feeling is this is a usb thing. Possibly Asus(USB chip provider drivers) or a "macro engine" issue. On my systems I have always had Logitech software installed and Thrustmaster TARGET, both of which hook/provide keyboard and mouse (virtual) input.

I have just reverted to win7 from win10 (clean install) and have neither of these on here. I will try and keep it this way for a few days to see if things are more stable, then do without the logitech software and just run TARGET to see if things change.

And yes, another new account just for this problem.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Winwdows 10 64 Pro
One thing I have noticed so far is that no one has mentioned use of the task manager or resource monitor while experiencing this issue. Could it be an issue with the processor being pegged (running 100%) or with a process that gets elevated to a priority of realtime or just under realtime? Im not having this issue myself, just putting my two cents in and what I would look into if I was.

EDIT:

Download Process Explorer by Sysinternals. Run it as administrator and configure the columns so it displays the priority of each process and also the context switch delta of each process. This might give some clues to what is going on here. If we can find a process similar between people who are having this issue that runs at high priority/switches priority a lot maybe we can get this issue resolved.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Built
    CPU
    Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @ 3.3-3.7 Ghz
    Motherboard
    MSI Z77-G41
    Memory
    16 GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GT 730
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual 20 Inch Dell
    Screen Resolution
    1680*1050
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB
    PSU
    Thermaltake 550W
    Case
    Antec Nine Hundred Two
    Cooling
    Arctic Freezer i30 CO
    Keyboard
    Logitech K330
    Mouse
    Logitech M215
    Internet Speed
    60 Mbps
    Browser
    Comodo Chromodo
    Antivirus
    Comodo Internet Security Premium
I checked task manager, even tried closing all the tasks i could. Everything was running like always, closing task did not help.
-Been 6 days after i disconnected controller from case front usb (3.0) issue have not recurred.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
wii1mii: I tryed a couple of thing lately and if it doesn't work (like everytime since I have this problem lol), I'll try unplug my controller, but my controller is an Xbox wireless controler which I use a cable for charging AND a wireless receiver. My problem started before I had this receiver so it's the not problem but maybe it's the charging kit, I'll try unpluging it.

Arazel: I downloaded the process explorer, I'll look at it next time the problem will occur.

Thank you guys
Francis

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Hi everyone. the issue is. a too much power draw from the usb ports
pure and simple.
I just had this issue pop up as well.
I bought track ir and Saitek X55. and I was getting ghost pressing and ghost keys being pressed.
disable everything. still did it. and
I bought a powered USB hub and its gone away. Its defo the issue
Z97 chipset 4790K 16gb ram. 650w PSU R9 380 video. all top of the line all brand new. defo the issue

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W 10
I just encountered this same issue on a MacBook Pro running straight 8.1. It started when I logged on locally after rdp'ing into the machine. I have a trackball on an external hub and the built-in touchpad. Both device produce the issue. After rebooting the beeping stopped.

Just my two cents.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Apple MacBook Pro 10,1
    CPU
    i7-3720
    Motherboard
    Applw
    Memory
    8GiB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 650M
    Browser
    Waterfox
    Antivirus
    Symantec Endpoint Protection
jjbk, maybe my problem is about too much power draw because I have alot of USB devices plugged into my PC. I just bought an external powered hub on ebay to try it.

Meanwhile I tryed to do a BIOS update to see what's going to happen. Then, after restarting up my PC, I had some BSOD and I found it was caused by a system file into the USB 3.0 Hub host driver. One way to stop the beeping sound was to unplug a USB device and I don't know if it would be link to this corruption on a USB driver, time will tell me I guess.

Francis

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
I thought I had a solution...

I experienced this problem in Win 10. I identified that it is caused by a conflict between my mouse and another mouse input that I have on another USB device (in my case a Saitek x52 which has a little mini mouse stick thingy). Sometimes as the devices get a bit older, the mouse stick on the joystick gets a little out of whack puts a mouse input in even if you don't touch it. This may be so small as to be unnoticeable, but is enough to trigger a conflict.

My solution was to create a profile using the MadCatz programming software which permanently unbound my mouse input on the X52. I then set that profile to the default profile on startup. I haven't had the problem since.

Edit: Sorry guys, thought I had it. Yesterday I came back to the pc. X52 was completely unplugged and the issue happened again.... I've got nothing! Microsoft need to fix this crap ASAP. It has only happened since my free upgrade to Win 10... Seriously considering a rollback.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 10 64 Bit
Just wanted to chime in, same thing started to happen to me YESTERDAY while playing Killing floor 2.
The hardware is the same for the past 4 years.

As many others experiencing this issue I also own Saitek X-55, with Logitech g700 mouse and a MS Natural Keyboard.
Also Genious GX gaming 7.1 usb headset.

Software is win10 upgraded some weeks ago (was not experiencing problems until yesterday).

Just did the hotkey change to keyboard and mouse in teamspeak and unplugged x55 and waiting to see if it will resurface...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10, Linux Mint
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
2 weeks later after BIOS update, still no issue, I think the hub controller driver for USB 3.0 was the problem, but can't be sure till the problem occure again

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Just started

This problem just started for me, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thing is, I'm on a laptop, and when the issue occurs, both the trackpad and mouse seem to have a problem.

Any help? My question may have been answered, but i sort of skimmed through the rest.

Specs:
HP envy 15 (a rubbish laptop i've been stuck with and had problems with since the beginning)

AMD A10 5750M
(Running on internal graphics: radeon hd 8650)
16 gb ram
1 Tb hdd

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
This problem just started for me, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thing is, I'm on a laptop, and when the issue occurs, both the trackpad and mouse seem to have a problem.

Any help? My question may have been answered, but i sort of skimmed through the rest.

Specs:
HP envy 15 (a rubbish laptop i've been stuck with and had problems with since the beginning)

AMD A10 5750M
(Running on internal graphics: radeon hd 8650)
16 gb ram
1 Tb hdd

At the moment I would say the BIOS update resolve the problem by spotting the corrupt USB 3.0 driver.
There's also some people that say Teamspeak can be the problem.
Someone said aswell that it could be the HDMI cable of your monitor (I tryed it and the problem was still there for me but I dont know for you).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Back