Computer restarting again and again

Kumaz

In the past few days, my computer has been restarted randomly every few minutes. Sometimes it goes into a loop and restarts even before completing the last boot.I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh but nothing worked.can someone suggest me what to do?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Hp
    Browser
    Google
In the past few days, my computer has been restarted randomly every few minutes. Sometimes it goes into a loop and restarts even before completing the last boot.I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh but nothing worked.can someone suggest me what to do?
#Disable automatic restart. To do this turn on your computer.Press and hold the F8 key before the windows logo appears. This opens the Startup menu.Select safe mode from this mode.Therefore, the computer will start in safe mode. Now press the windows key + R.Enter "sysdm. cpl" in the run dialog box and click OK.Go to the Advanced tab.In the startup and recovery section, click the settings button.Then, you will see the automatic restart option in case of system failure. If it is already selected, uncheck this option. Make sure the write events to system log box is selected. This will document problems in the system.click OK to save your changes.
#Delete bad registry files. This need to do without any mistakes because Windows Registry is a very sensitive database and a tiny error can damage your computer
Update your drivers.can do this either manually or via a one-click tool like Auslogics Driver Updater.
#Scan for viruses or malware.Even Viruses or malware can cause the restarting issue. So to exclude that you can perform a complete virus scan using Windows Defender.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Browser
    Google
It would be a good idea to blow all of the dust out of the machine using a can of "duster" (i.e. compressed air/gas for electronics). If it's a laptop, first locate the exhaust vent for the fan, then shut it down and shoot the duster into the vents. If it's a desktop, some removal of panels might be required. You can Google how to do this for your model.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Toshiba
    CPU
    AMD
    Motherboard
    Toshiba
    Memory
    6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel
    Browser
    IE 11
    Antivirus
    Defender
Honestly, it Does sound more like a PC hardware problem than a Windows problem.
Even something as simple as a loose power cord. (I've actually taken a service call on that same thing)
Or loose connectors inside the PC. Very common on a Desktop PC and less common on a Laptop PC.

I'd go through the entire system and make sure that every electrical connector is properly seated, especially at the mother board level. Replace the CMOS battery if it's less than three years old, while you're at it. Never hurts to have a fresh CMOS battery in your PC.

And, like was mentioned in a previous post.....a dirty CPU cooler can cause overheating which can cause a shutdown and reboot situation. Also, a failing cooling fan in the PSU can cause the same condition. I've replaced dozens of those.
A clean machine is usually a happy machine!
Good Luck!
TM :cool:
PS: I was actually given a beautiful HP Laptop with the BIG screen, because it would boot up and immediately crash. I found that the CPU cooling fan was frozen (stuck) solid. Looking in through the air intake holes in the base plate, I could see the fan was not turning, and when I tried to turn it manually, I could NOT. I really didn't want to tear the laptop all apart to get to that little fan, and take the chance that I could buy a replacement, so I did the next best thing.
I cut out the plastic grill over that fan, and Glued a 2", 12v fan over the hole to blow room air into the Laptop, thus cooling the CPU, etc.
I connected an external 12v power supply to the fan and then set the laptop up on Printer Stands, so the new fan was up off of the desktop.
It's no longer portable, but I have a great little AIO PC, sitting there happily running Windows 8.1/Pro/64. I'm currently using an external Keyboard and mouse with my new AIO PC. It makes me a great Backup PC. Waste not, want not!

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    Crucial, 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce 9200
    Sound Card
    On Board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Acer
    Hard Drives
    Sandisk, SSD 500GB
    PSU
    Acer
    Case
    SFF Slimline
    Keyboard
    emachines 101 key
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless
    Internet Speed
    5 Meg
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    Using Classic Shell on Win-8.1 /pro/64
Navigate to “Start,” then “Computer.” Right-click on “Properties” and move to “Advanced System Settings.” Click on “Settings” in the “Startup and Recovery” section. Uncheck the box next to “Automatically restart” under “System failure.”

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP
Navigate to “Start,” then “Computer.” Right-click on “Properties” and move to “Advanced System Settings.” Click on “Settings” in the “Startup and Recovery” section. Uncheck the box next to “Automatically restart” under “System failure.”
Thanks really!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    it is cool
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
What a beautiful Avatar!!! Beats a crusty old man, carrying a stick! :roflmao:

I really hope that you got it fixed.

:cool:

My Computer

System One