computer password not accepted

When you have burned the cd, start up the sick machine.

Watch for writing on the screen - it say something like DEL for SETUP, F11 ( or some other key ) for boot menu or boot selection, or similar.

Press whatever it tells you for boot menu or boot selection.

When the menu appears, arrow down to cdrom drive -or dvd drive - whatever your machine calls it.

open the tray , put the cd in , close the tray , give it a few seconds to notice a cd is in there.

then press enter.

You will get a message , Press any key to boot from cdrom drive.

Just press enter.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
It is the windows version of this Linux utility Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor - Windows version is a lot easier to use.

Use the start menu to find your windows drive letter - it may be different from here - that is normal.

In the screenie, my windows7 is on D

tz6.jpg

tz7.jpg

So I change letter C to D

tz8.jpg

Click (Re) open, select my user account ( 7 is the user name), I left it blank - therefore no password at all.

tz9.jpg

tz10.jpg

tz11.jpg

tz12.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I tried to download this program onto the only computer that I had available to me at the time which was at the library. It did what I thought was the download but it turned out not to be.

Anyway I didnt have this question then cause I thought it had already downloaded. I didnt get the chance to ask this question. Im going to try to do this anyway without the answer that I will get as a responce from this question.

When I click on the Download Folder icon on the far right of this program page where does this program go? I had to become a member of Windows Live (at least thats what it tells me in order to download) I dont know where this goes in order to burn it to the cd. I have just downloaded it and we will see what happens but..... I went to this Windows Live and it gives me a free account but it appears to be empty. I will try again but apparently this download process is not that easy of a download that I am accustomed to.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
OK I got this dowloaded to the desktop of my sisters computer. I just named it New download. So I Downloaded it to a CD as New Download. I click on that and I get Name: NEW ~ Type: ISO Image File ~ Compressed Size: 283,369 KB ~ Ratio: 4%

I assume this is what I was supposed to do. I hope that I was not supposed to extract ~ which Im not sure how to do or if it is other than ask it to do so.

Since I am as my sisters and she lives 30 min. away I am making a copy of the instructions and going for it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
First you extract the .zip file to get the .iso

Don't extract the contents from the .iso once you have it - keep it as an .iso , then burn New.iso to cd.

(Don't burn the .zip to cd , it won't work.)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I hope im not in trouble cause I did not use this thia Power program but the iso file is on the cd so I hope that is right.

Im sorry that Im such a pain in the ass guys. I am stupid but not stupid if that makes any sense. Well... it makes perfect sense to me.

I am going to print off all the other instructions that are here and go home and see what happens.

I'll be back one way or the other.

Thanks ever so much.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
You don't need to use Poweriso - there are many programs will which burn an iso as an image to cd.

If it boots, you did it right.

If it doesn't boot, you probabaly burned it to cd as a data file, not as an image.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Thanks for answering me so fast wow I didnt expect that. I didnt even get a chance to get outa the chair. When I first put the CD in it asks me what do I want to open it with ~ a usb or a DVD/CD is that normal?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
I click on CD and I then

I took it out and redid it to Start~Computer and The CD drive and this time it took me right to the Program which I still have to click on. But it tells me file type: Image

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
The entire file you downloaded does not go on a cd.

It is .zip file.

Extract the .zip file first to get a file called New.iso.

You then burn New.iso to cd.

I can't tell from your description what you have done so far.

Try and boot it on your sister's pc - or any pc - doesn't matter - we are just seeing if it will boot.

Booting a cd /dvd is not the same as playing a cd/dvd.

This is how to boot from a cd/dvd:

Start up the pc

Watch for writing on the screen- ( this will come up straight away, before windows starts ) - it will say something like DEL for SETUP, F11 ( or some other key ) for boot menu or boot selection, or similar.

Press whatever it tells you for boot menu or boot selection.

When the menu appears, arrow down to cdrom drive or dvd drive, whatever your machine calls it.

open the tray , put the cd in , close the tray , give it a few seconds to notice a cd is in there.

then press enter.

You will get a message , "Press any key to boot from cdrom drive"

Just press enter.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
OK guys here I go. You should hear from me sometime tonite as my computer will be up and running. YEAHHHYYY

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
OK It didnt work... But Im certain I know why. I did not do this download right... When I put the CD I made into the computer -- a working computer I get a screen in which I have to click on the program to open it. I know thats not right. I dont have that option on the sick machine. That program needs to already be open and ready to go. So I am gonna start over and try to use this Poweriso you tell me about above. I have to go back to my sisters to do that. Unless someone has a different idea. But just to make sure I have this right I want to go over it.

First I download the program. Thats where I had part of my problem cause I didnt know where to download it. When I clicked on the link you gave me it took me right to skydrive and that threw me. I thought I had to join that and download there and yada, yada.
I assume I can just download it right to my desktop if I so desire and then do the exracting. So I didnt do the extracting correct.

I decided not to switch to usb and just get cd's so I thought I didnt need this Poweriso so when I got the instructions to burn above it didnt work the same. And... I just right clicked on the program and sent the program to the cd. I dont know if that is the right way either. Well Is sure it was not the right way. So I have to start from square one. Im Ready!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
OK I have started over. I downloaded both the Poweriso and the NEW download. I started with the rt click and properties, unblock, ok, apply
Then I rt clicked again and did not get the option to extract as you told me to do. I got: open, open with, share with, Norton Antivirus, restore previous versions, send to, cut, copy, create shortcut, delete, rename, properties... I was so looking forward to this working smooth if I followed all your directions. I didnt think that something would be different than what you said... HELP again. Aren't I a pain in the ass?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
OK I have started over. I downloaded both the Poweriso and the NEW download. I started with the rt click and properties, unblock, ok, apply
Then I rt clicked again and did not get the option to extract as you told me to do. I got: open, open with, share with, Norton Antivirus, restore previous versions, send to, cut, copy, create shortcut, delete, rename, properties... I was so looking forward to this working smooth if I followed all your directions. I didnt think that something would be different than what you said... HELP again. Aren't I a pain in the ass?

Then I started PowerIso and got a totally different thing then what you have above. What is wrong with me. I am usually really good at following directions but this is just not working for me.

I have another idea unless someone wants to share something.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
Oh and I wanted bobkn to know that this isnt about self confidence... It about all things that are given to me as directions somehow not working out -- maybe the differences in computers - possibly virus protection --- but for some reason the things that people are telling me just arent clicking the way they are supposed to.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
Since this didnt work out I am uninstalling PowerIso... so I have a question. I am in Control panel, programs and features and want to know if I need all these different Roxio programs? I have 9 different Roxio programs.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
OK so I guess I must have extracted this zip file cause I have new.iso on my desktop. But I dont know how to burn it. I thought I could just send to the cd but it tells me that all the properties do not go there. Is there some other way to burn this as an image?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
The entire file you downloaded does not go on a cd.

Start up the pc

Watch for writing on the screen- ( this will come up straight away, before windows starts ) - it will say something like DEL for SETUP, F11 ( or some other key ) for boot menu or boot selection, or similar.

Just press enter.

Right now I have the same cd that I had yesterday but when i put it in the sick comp it just went right back to the password page that I have been stuck on. That is what didnt work. I had your instructions printed out in front of me all ready to go but it just didnt cooperate with me.

So if I have the same CD which has the NEW.iso file on it than what do I have to do that is different. What I thought is that I dont think I burned it onto the cd. i just right clicked on it and used send to. So when the cd goes into the computer here I have to click on it to get there. It doesnt open itself by putting it into the comp.

Does that make sense?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
OK I just downloaded it and I think its right now. So I am going to take the directions that you gave me (SIW2) and go to my computer. Hopefully I have it right this time. Just cause my sister is getting frustrated with me. The PowerIso program downloaded AVG Toolbar to her comp ~ she has Norton antivirus ~ and changed her homepage. I hope nothing else is messed up. I feel bad that I spent so much time messing with this.... on her time. Again I will let you know what happens.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Dell
Back