cannot boot windows 8

troubled

i have a pre-installed windows 8 laptop. while trying to install ubuntu 12.04 LTS, i encountered a problem booting win 8. says invalid efi path. though ubuntu booted without any problems, so in my bios, i changed the boot mode from uefi to legacy. but now i cant boot win 8 nor ubuntu. the system just says: no operating system found. i cant even access my bios, i tried all the function buttons.
please help, i'm really stuck....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Hello,

I guess your boot menu is probably corrupted. If you have any Windows installation disc with you then insert it. If you're lucky enough, you'll see the options to automatic repair using which you can repair the boot menu. When its done, you'll be able to get into OS.

You can use VirtualBox to install Ubuntu.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP (VirtualBox)
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Compaq 610
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768 px
run the automatic repair 3-4 times to solve the problem

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 pro with WMC x86 & windows Blue preview x86 with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    custom-build PC
    Motherboard
    INTEL DH55PJ MOTHERBOARD
    Browser
    google chrome
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky Pure 3.0
doesn't work guys, i clicked on the repair button and the same page loads again, every time. besides can you repair the boot menu using automatic repair?
is there any other way that you can access the bios?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
To run any Windows 8 Repairs, the UEFI/BIOS firmware would need to be set back to UEFI.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
finally did it guys. the problem was not with uefi but with my own laptop. to access the bios in Vaio function keys dont work. either you have to hit shift+restart or the assist button when the computer is off. after hittting the assisst button, i just restored my whole system, so i still dont have ubuntu. thinking of running it in a virtual box.

thanks guys.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Back