I think I can help you.
1. Here is a step by step tutorial I made for installing Linux. It also contains the instructions on how to install the VMware Tools for Mint.
2. But I you are really stuck, download a ready made Minr system from my OneDrive. Then you have to only attach the .vmx file. Detailed instructions and the files are here.
Note: At my OneDrive - when you left click on the tile, you can watch it in the browser - when you right click on the tile, you can download the PDF.
Thank you Wolfgang, we will have a look at the video first and try to achieve the install ourselves. I found your videos for the W10 install on VMware easy to follow, so am confident that the Linux ones will be the same .
I was expecting your step by step tutorial to lead to a video (hence the comment above), but it didn't.
We worked through your tutorial, and finally have a working Linux Mint installation. We swapped to MATE because, following some research, it seemed that Cinnamon was the likely cause of the video error we were getting.
Thank you everyone who contributed to the thread. Challenges are now dealt with; we learned some things in the process, and the party starts now .
- Win8.1 64bit, Windows 10 TP on VMWare Player
- Computer type
- System Manufacturer/Model
- Dell Inspiron 15 3521
- 1.80 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3337U
- Dell Inc. 0010T1 A00
- Graphics Card(s)
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Sound Card
- Realtek HD Audio & Intel Display Audio
- Hard Drives
- TOSHIBA MQ01ABD050 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB)
- Additional fan
- Kensington Trackball
- Emsisoft Internet Security, Malwarebytes free & antiexploit