What's new

Can I reinstall the original Sony VAIO recovery partitions

quz

hello Window Eight Forums.

I have a question about my VAIO Notebook/Laptop. It originally came with a lot of Bloatware installed. Which was hindering its potential performance. So I deleted all partitions, hidden and not hidden including all the recovery partitions that come pre installed on a Sony VAIO laptop. I then reinstalled a clean windows 8 version using A windows 8 retail installation DVD I have.

I contacted Sony support about another issue I am having with my 1TB HDD making clicking sounds and I was told.
"Because I have done the above. I am no longer able to receive support from Sony EU. because I have wiped the recovery partitions and original windows 8. and reinstalled windows 8 Retail. Without contacting Fony."

So this brought me to ask these questions...

Can I reinstall the original Sony VAIO recovery partitions to my already installed windows 8 OS.
and is this even possible ?

Fortunately I created 5 recovery media DVD's not long after first use of my new laptop. These recovery media DVD's are basically a complete backup image of everything on my Hard Drive at the point of recovery media creation time. including the recovery partitions and Windows 8.

Windows 8 seems to be running okay at the moment, so I would rather not have to completely format my HDD (again) and start fresh using the recovery media DVD's I created.

Is it possible to reinstall only the Sony VAIO OEM recovery partitions along side my already installed windows 8 retail Using my created Recovery Media ??

Thank's in advance for any help and advice.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 7537 (7000)
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-4510 upto 3.10Ghz
    Motherboard
    Dell
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GT 750 2GB and Intel HD 4000 2.3GB
    Sound Card
    Raltek High Definiton Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1080P - Touch Screen
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    1TB - Seagate ST1000LM014-1EJ64
    Keyboard
    Backlit UK Qwerty with NumPad
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Mcafee LiveSafe
    Country Flag
    England

theog

VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Member
Welcome to EightForums.

You would need reinstall the complete original Sony VAIO install & recovery partitions.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
    Country Flag
    UK
    State/Region Flag
    uk england

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)