Can I dual boot from an existing virtual machine using Easy BCD

100 mps sounds good. And I think pausing is possible - if I remember right.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
right will do this soon

Just some questions:
1 what exactly is a bootable rescue media?

2 whats the difference between the win PE and Linux rescue media?

3 is an image an exact copy of the drive, unlike a back-up? or is it just a better type of backup i.e. save more files?

4 will the image be the same size as the contents of my c drive image?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    VISTA+Win8 dual boot
    HP G70
1. You use this CD or USB stick to start the recovery process. It pulls the image in and places it into the partition you select (usually the partition from where it came). You have to change the BIOS boot sequence in order to boot from it.

2. The WinPE disc has a lot more function and is easier (more logical) to use. You can also use it to make images from systems where Macrium is not installed. Plus some systems do not run the Linux version (driver problem) - e.g. some Sony laptops (I had one of those which I RMAd - ashame for a $1200 system).

3. The image is an exact copy containing everything that was in the partition when you took the image. You can also mount the image (just double click on it) and e.g. copy individual files. It mounts like a VHD and you can open it in Computer.

4. An image is usually appr. 60% of the size of the data in the partition you imaged. That varies whether the image was taken from a system partition (e.g. C) or a data partition. Data partitions usually compress less. The real size of the partition plays no role - only the amount of data.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
ok thanks very much, will download in time.... ..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    VISTA+Win8 dual boot
    HP G70
I went ahead and installed windows 8, brilliant 1 min to turn on instead of vistas 10 mins and no lag...
just one problem, there is constant usage on my wifi with no apps opened, no programs installed and sync disabled.
Any idea how to stop this, I don't like my laptop doing things behind my back!!!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    VISTA+Win8 dual boot
    HP G70
Back