Bootloader still shows up after deleted partition

UVSoaked

So I first installed Windows 8 on a new partition to test it out, and I decided I wanted to delete that partition and upgrade over my Windows 7 partition. So I deleted the Win8 partition in the Disk Management and extended the Win7 partition. After the restart, the Windows 8 bootloader still comes up and now when I run the Windows 8 iso, compatibility issues show up when I try to install Win8.

Anyone know the fix to remove the bootloader which hopefully lets me upgrade Win8 over Win7 after it's gone? If you need any more info about this problem, I'm here.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7/8
Do a recovery of Windows 7, download the USB/Disk Creator Tool, and use that to burn/copy the iso file to the Disk/USB, the insert, and press upgrade, that should upgrade it

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7, Windows 8 Consumer Preview
    System Manufacturer/Model
    eMachines 355-13667
    CPU
    Intel Atom
    Memory
    1GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel GMA
Be sure you have Windows 7 Recovery media ready.

Once a newer bootmgr(e.g. from Win 8) is installed even "StartUp Repair" started from older Windows versions(e.g. Win 7) do not replace the newer bootmgr. Maybe the reason is that a newer bootmgr "knows" more - the new bootmgr can boot all older Windows versions as well as the new version(e.g. Win 8).

The only way to delete bootmgr is using Windows 7 Recovery CD/DVD/USB - go to command prompt:
c: ( assuming active partition is mapped to c: )
attrib -s -h -r bootmgr
del bootmgr

[To be sure that c: is active partition you can use diskpart command. (select partition mapped to c: and display details)]

Once "new" bootmgr is deleted run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times - Windows 7 Forums to fix Windows 7 booting.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    XP, Win7, Win8_Eval
    Acer Notebook
    CPU
    Intel
Hi,

Errrr.....deleting bootmgr will also render W7 unbootable leaving you with no choice other than to repair that OS as well. no?
Either way, I don't quite understand why W8 now refuses to install as it should just add its own entry to the boot menu and go on with it.

Besides, what compatibility issue(s) is W8 complaining about and why should it stop doing so once the bootmanager is gone?
Am I missing something?

Cheers, ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W2K8S R2 STD, W7 ULTIMATE X64
    DELL OPTIPLEX 745
    CPU
    INTEL Q6600
    Motherboard
    DELL
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    INTEL INTEGRATED CHIPSET Q965
You did not do the full job. Here is how: Dual Boot - Delete a OS - Windows 7 Forums

Here the problem seems to be the already existing bootmgr version Win 8 CP (ver.6.2.8250).
It seems that when this bootmgr is already on active partition Windows 8 install is complaining.

You cannot use "old" tools to change a newer boot manager - this file has the highest protection, even SYSTEM cannot delete or write/change bootmgr !

My Computer

System One

• OS
    XP, Win7, Win8_Eval
    Acer Notebook
    CPU
    Intel
Hi,

Fair enough but it should not complain (I mean this is buggy behaviour unless it's intentional) as this would also imply that you can't have more than one W8 install within a single system....
It certainly is not a problem for the older bootmanagers.

Cheers, ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W2K8S R2 STD, W7 ULTIMATE X64
    DELL OPTIPLEX 745
    CPU
    INTEL Q6600
    Motherboard
    DELL
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    INTEL INTEGRATED CHIPSET Q965
To delete the entry:

After removing Win8 DP partition, simply run msconfig (in win7 of course) and delete win8 entry in the boot section.

That's all

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard