Solved Boot up Errors

Mustang

Event viewer shows the following warning and error events on boot up.

None of these seem serious, except possibly the first error message. The inet connection would probably refer to the 2nd LAN socket which is not connected.

Can anyone shed any further light?

Note:
Using the Event log online help link gave the same message for all four --> Page cannot be found.

Update: I disabled the 2nd LAN adaptor and the error message did not occur on boot up. But the warning still remained.

Log Events.PNG

Error message

Dhcp-Client.PNG

Warning

e1iexpess.PNG

DNS Client.PNG

User Profile Service.PNG

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Built as DIY
    CPU
    6 core 12 thread & 4 core
    Motherboard
    Inel Extreme & Intel standard
    Memory
    12GB & 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    3 top end SLI linked & onboard
    Sound Card
    In built in graphics card & onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24 & 23 inch Samsung LED backlit
    Screen Resolution
    High def
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force 128GB SATA3 SSDs in each machine. Plus several external USB3 and eSATA spinner HDs
Hi Mustang,

Here is my preliminary analysis of your logs:

Event ID 1530 - Ignore this one (Seems inherent to Windows 8 as many are getting this one).

Event ID 27, 1001, and 1014:
These may all be related to that 2nd NIC that has been disabled; however, if so, I'm a bit surprised these logs are still being generated with the NIC recognized as disabled. With that said, I think you have two options to explore from here as follows:

The first option would be to unplug your primary NIC, clear the logs, reboot, and compare events. Now, if you get redundant logs for the primary NIC, then we know conclusively the above logs are being generated by the unused NIC.

The second option would be to uninstall (completely) the second NIC, clear your logs, and see if they disappear. No harm if you are not using it; yes? And you can always reinstall it if necessary.

Cheers

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Hi norepli,

Test 1. Both network adaptors uninstalled.

1. ID 1530 User Profile Service warning came up again ... which was to be expected.

2. ID 1001 Dhcp-Client error also came up.

Basically they're all related to the inet. So that only leaves the ID 1001 Dhcp-Client. How serious is that error?

3. There were two new warnings, one for each network adaptor, saying no connectivity to the internet could be established ... which was also to be expected. And that the adaptors had been installed.

Test 2. Inactive adaptor uninstalled.

1. ID 1530 User Profile Service.

2. ED 27 e1iexpress warning. Which would be for the active adaptor.

3. Warning that the inactive adaptor had been installed.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Built as DIY
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    12GB & 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    High def
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force 128GB SATA3 SSDs in each machine. Plus several external USB3 and eSATA spinner HDs
I don't think the 1001 is a serious error/warning as long as everything is running fine; however, I don't understand how/why you are getting that error unless (maybe) its related to a wireless function. Did you try testing with the active NIC unlugged? Do you have a home network configuration or does your PC go straight to a modem (or connect via a router to the modem)? Also, does you ISP provide you with a static (fixed) IP address or is it dynamically assigned?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
My computer is connected to a WiFi Modem router by LAN cable, and the modem is conneceted to server by ADSL2 via land line. My IP address is dynamic.

I totally disconnected the modem from the computer, and uninstalled the inactive NIC. This is what I got.

1. ID 1530

2. ID 1014 DNS Client Events warning

3. Five other general warnings like no connection could be made to the internet. And Windows updates could not run, etc.

I don't think 1014 is serious because if it can't connect to the net it's not going to be able to get the wpad name resolution as the DNS response needed timed out.

It all comes back to not being able to connect to the net. But once the computer is up and running it connects fine. And there is no time delay in opening Google, even when it is opened after running safety delete in IE10 with all options ticked to delete.

My back up machine with Windows 7 has an Intel mobo but with only one adaptor socket. So I ran a test on that and got no error messages and one warning related to the internet. The warning had a different ID No but was similar in content to the one on Win8 PC.

I normally connect the backup machine to the net via a WiFi Wireless adaptor that connects through the WiFi Modem router on my flagship, but I had that unplugged. However I have a 2nd WiFi modem router attached to that machine via a LAN ADSL2 cable to my land line, and that was connected and active.

Probably not much point researching it any further. Both machines are running fine and connecting without any problems to the net.

Many thanks for your support norepli.

Cheers M :D :thumb:

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Built as DIY
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    12GB & 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    High def
    Hard Drives
I think your analysis is probably correct; however, I think the root cause of the log is that your ISPs server response is too slow (initially) on the first request but the "try again" works on subsequent attempts and that's why you can subsequently connect to the internet. If you are convinced that no further attention is required (I agree), then please mark this thread as solved. Nice job of troubleshooting BTW.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Yes I'd agree with that. When I first switch on the modem from a cold start, it takes two full minutes before it's connected. I'm with Telstra Bigpond, the biggest iNet server in Australia. They were originally a government run phone facility, but were privatised when sold by the govt. Everyone says they're slow ... very slow. But they compensate for that by reliability, and excellent back up service. They made a mistake when I was setting up a lap top for a friend with 4G, which has twice the coverage of any other ISP in Aussie.

Anyway, they gave my friend a month's free service for making a boo boo. They misquoted me once, and when I took them to task they gave me a $250 credit on my landline account. They really do back up their promise to take care of you.

Anyway, nice chatting norepli, and thanks again for the input. Very educational. :thumbsup:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Built as DIY
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    12GB & 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    High def
    Hard Drives
Back