BonziBUDDY on Windows 8.1 Graphical Problems

RAD POTATOES

I have BonziBUDDY running on my Windows 8.1 laptop and there's this gross and annoying blue box around him. I've seen videos with Bonzi running on Linux via WINE and he also has the blue box around him there, and I'm wondering if there's a possible way to remove it, because it's really really bugging me.
고마워! (Thank-You!)

(Please don't ask why I run Bonzi on my computer.)

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Doubt anyone here can help you here and their website disappeared years ago. You will have to do some googling, their isn't even a forum from what I've seen.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro 64bit
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Pavillion H8-1202
    CPU
    I7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz
    Motherboard
    PEGATRON
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NIVDIA GeForce GT 520
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC656GR CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster S22B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1080 32 bit color
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB
    Keyboard
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
Last time I tried Bonzy Buddy, AV's gave all kinds of alarms and would not let me install it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    Silicon Power V70 240GB SSD
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Sharkoon, Silent Storm 660W
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
I did not receive any reply to my request to post on an old discussion. Since this information is very important, I must type here any ways. I like to make my computers seem as old as possible. I recently added the screen savers, the card games, minesweeper, and lots of other things. Bonzi Buddy was next. I tried installing on 8.1 also and here is what I needed to do. I doubt you would want to do this. Bonzi 432 is a new installer that includes Lernout & Hauspie, Microsoft Agent, and three versions of Bonzi Buddy with no need to "send them to school" as the add on modules are installed also. There are no viruses, spyware, adware, and malware that was included before. This has been confirmed by Tech Article Sites. It seems Bonzi Software does not even access the Internet. There are no banner ads, no toolbars, no home page to redirect to, no home page at all, and "making our daily connection to The Internet!" does nothing. Before even opening Bonzi Software, go to the folders in Program Files (X86) and add the folders and subfolders and applications to Exceptions.

To remove the Boxes around The Bonzi Software, you need to also select under Properties two things: Run As Administrator, and Compatibility Mode Windows 98 Or Earlier. After I did all this, the software is mostly stable, and the boxes are gone. I was able to run all three of them on the same computer at the same time. This is one Peedy and two Bonzis. They can not talk over each other, and also the two Bonzis usually keep still as their movements cancel each other out.

Perhaps there is a problem with Compatibility Mode which Switches To Bonzi Software all the time. Perhaps it is One Peedy And Two Bonzis at the same time, but they are annoying as ever. I have since exited the Bonzi Software.

If it is possible to run them using an Emulator, or an older Computer, do that instead, as Compatibility Mode removes the boxes, yet the applications switch all the time.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Back