Blank Screen After Windows 7 Ultimate Installation

Jarvis

Hi all,

I recently bought an ASUS S56CM notebook pre-loaded with Windows 8 x64 and a lot of bloatware.
So I decided to download a clean retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (X17-59465), create a bootable USB and do a clean install.

What I did:
Create a bootable USB
Enter BIOS (UEFI) enable "launch CSM", disable "secure boot" and set priority boot to the USB
Works fine, I entered windows 7 installation and did the following:
1) Shift+F10, enter command prompt
2) diskpart, list disk, select disk # (my HDD), clean, format MBR, create partition, format NTFS and successfully installed my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 into my newly formatted disk
3) It restarted and continue booting into the same USB
4) so I realize that I should change the boot priority to my HDD
5) I tired putting my HDD to first priority but it still boot to the installation USB
6) So I decided to restore default settings in BIOS and "save & exit" (my mistake)
7) It rebooted but nothing happens, literally.
8) there is power, but the screen is blank (not black, no light at all)
9) I've tried to search for solutions such as inserting bootable devices such as USB or my Installation DVD, the machine will sound (attempting to run) for a while but die down and a state of clam resumes.
10) I've also tried holding the power button for 60second when power is unplugged then plug in and press power button but it did not work as well.

My default settings for BIOS are as follow:
SATA Controller is ACHI
Secure boot: enabled
Fast boot: enabled
Launch CSM: disabled

I sincerely hope someone here can help me out on this, I at least want to get into BIOS again and change the boot settings as there is absolutely nothing on my notebook now. I appreciate all help on this. My last resort would be bringing down to ASUS service center to get it fixed.

Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 x64
3) It restarted and continue booting into the same USB
4) so I realize that I should change the boot priority to my HDD
5) I tired putting my HDD to first priority but it still boot to the installation USB

Removed USB at first restart.

6) So I decided to restore default settings in BIOS and "save & exit" (my mistake)
7) It rebooted but nothing happens, literally.
8) there is power, but the screen is blank (not black, no light at all)
9) I've tried to search for solutions such as inserting bootable devices such as USB or my Installation DVD, the machine will sound (attempting to run) for a while but die down and a state of clam resumes.
10) I've also tried holding the power button for 60second when power is unplugged then plug in and press power button but it did not work as well.

DISABLE Secure Boot.

Welcome to EightForums

1) Downgrade to Windows 7.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/13326-downgrade-windows-8-windows-7-a.html
Warning you must have the uEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

2) If Using a USB Pendrive on a PC with a uEFI BIOS.
USB Pendrive need to be formated to FAT32 as in
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html
Take note of Step 11 for Windows 7.
Also you will need to use a USB 2.0 port, as there are no USB 3.0 drivers in Windows 7.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
Hi, thanks for reply, I can't get into BIOS therefore I can't disable secure boot. Is there any other way to enter BIOS because once it powers up, its just a blank screen, even the hard disk light is not lighted nor flickering.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 x64

How did you enter the BIOS?

Try the F2 key at boot,or F12.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
Previously I could enter BIOS because the machine will still boot till the ASUS logo appears, which I enter BIOS by pressing F2. Now when it power ups, it does not boot up, screen is blank, the machine is quiet, hard disk logo light is not light up, none of my keys are responsive...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 x64
Try this remove the power cable & Battery, than press the power button for 10 sec's. refit.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
Back