automatic maintenence

bailey

Hi I have a HP laptop running windows 8.as of yesterday automatic maintenance is saying its being delayed, I never had a problem before. As a matter of fact I still have it set at 3 am never changed anything, I'm not a tech person at all. There's been times when I wouldn't turn the computer on for a week and it would still run its maintenance at the next time I turned the computer on. I've tried several different trouble shooting attempts here from changing the time for the maintenance, to running it by just clicking on run now. I did a manual update on the windows defender and checked for new updates in windows update.
But I do have to mention that several weeks ago I encountered a malware, so I downloaded a trail version of malware bytes and when it expired I uninstalled it. Fast forward to today I just notice as of yesterday my automatic maintenance is being delayed. Is it possible that when I uninstalled malware bytes it took a piece of my automatic maintenance software or what ever you wish to call it.
I'm not good at computer trouble shooting, I'm not a very technical person at all, but I would appreciate any and all suggestions. If I may request, please when explaining this to me just make it as easy as possible.
Thank - you ever so much.
Bailey

PS. What exactly is the automatic maintenance doing anyways, can;t I just shut it off and run my own disk clean up and defrag if needed I can leave automatic updates turned on so why do I need automatic maintenance?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    n/a
    CPU
    n/a
    Motherboard
    n/a
    Memory
    n/a
    Graphics Card(s)
    n/a
    Browser
    e n/a
    Antivirus
    norton 60 day free trail

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K OC'd to 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    OCZ Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Premium
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
Ok I did as recommended, I open action centre went directly to uac set it for the highest level, NOTE ( it was already at the 2nd recommended level). then I clicked in start maintenance and it still returned as maintenance was delayed.

Note I also had a window pop up when I expanded the automatic maintenance, it said their is 2 issues and I had the option to send a report so I clicked on send report. I had this option yesterday as well and so I did the same I sent the report, but with no success. It returned to me as failed I can't figure this out all was well last week what happened.
NOTE : I keep getting update to windows 8.1 I tried to update to that last year and I had no success I let it try to download and install for over night and had no success, but that's only an app. so I fine with leaving things as is with windows .,
Secondly classic shell keeps pop up every so often to update. I already have one installed for me by a friend, and when I go look in add remove programs I see 3 classic shell icons and I don't know which is which.

Third I also noticed in my start up icon when I go to programs and they all appear I see 3 Hewlett-Packard white folders to which one has (2) and the other (3). They all are shortcuts and says the llmi-resuce.exe that this shortcut has been changed or moved so this short cut will no longer work properly.

Last year when I first bought this computer I didn't understand Hewlett-Packard sending updates and do their own maintenance work/repair I contacted the store I purchased it from and brought it in to the store and they shut off Hewlett-Packard updates they said they weren't needed, only updates from windows is all that's needed understand so because this is what running on the computer.
Like I said I don't understand how to fix things and would appreciate any assistance.
Thank-you
Bailey

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    n/a
    CPU
    n/a
    Motherboard
    n/a
    Memory
    n/a
    Graphics Card(s)
    n/a
    Browser
    e n/a
    Antivirus
    norton 60 day free trail
I just updated my Classic Shell.

When I did so the new version replaced the old version in Programs & Features automatically.
Thus, I only have 1 version there.
A picture:

screenshot_86.jpg

Look at the date of the versions you have & uninstall the 2 oldest & go to:

Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

& download & install the latest version.
You should then be good to go as far as Classic Shell goes. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Gateway
    CPU
    AMD K140 Cores 2 Threads 2 Name AMD K140 Package Socket FT1 BGA Technology 40nm
    Motherboard
    Manufacturer Gateway Model SX2110G (P0)
    Memory
    Type DDR3 Size 8192 MBytes DRAM Frequency 532.3 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    AMD High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio USB Audio Device
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Name 1950W on AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x76
    Screen Resolution
    Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x768 pixels
    Hard Drives
    AMD K140
    Cores 2
    Threads 2
    Name AMD K140
    Package Socket FT1 BGA
    Technology 40nm
    Specification AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
    Family F
    Extended Family 14