How to Create an "App Notifications" Settings Shortcut in Windows 8.1
This tutorial will show you how to create or download an App Notifications settings shortcut that opens directly to it's PC settings location in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1.
EXAMPLE: App Notifications PC settings
To Download a "App Notifications" Shortcut
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the ZIP file below.
2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.
4. Unblock the extracted shortcut.
5. If you like, you can Pin to Taskbar on desktop, Pin to Start screen, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.
To Manually Create a "App Notifications" Shortcut
1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area of your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste the command below into the location area, and click/tap on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
If you are not have a US English Windows 8.1 installed, then you will need to change the en-US folder name in the command below for the folder name with your language instead for this to work.
3. Type App Notifications for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You can name this shortcut anything you would like though.
4. Right click or swipe down on the new App Notifications shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.
5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: You can use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)
9. If you like, you can Pin to Taskbar on desktop, Pin to Start screen, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.
- How to Turn App Notifications On or Off in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Turn Lock Screen App Notifications On or Off in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Turn Notifications On or Off from Specific Apps in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Set Up Quiet Hours to Temporarily Stop App Notificiations in Windows 8.1
- How to Enable or Disable App Toast Notifications in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Enable or Disable Toast Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Change How Long Notifications Stay Open in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Turn Play App Notification Sounds On or Off in Windows 8 and 8.1