Anybody have luck imaging 8 with UEFI, GPT, Secure Boot?

You have two choices...
Either use Paragon on a 30 day free licence.
or
Macrium reflect "clone" to a slave drive.
Shrink with minitool if you need to shrink that is
Then macrium reflect "Clone drive" back...

This is interesting. Can Paragon do the same? Specifically, I'm interesting in imaging the entire factory disk (GPT disk including all partitions from the factory) onto a smaller drive I have lying around. Certainly, the amount of data on the factory disk is much smaller than the backup disk, but physically, it is indeed larger. And, would the backup include all the partition information so that all partitions are put back with their exact original sizes?

If the above is not possible, what about this scenario (if I may be so bold): Let's say I backup the disk from the factory, wipe the EFI/W8 recovery/system partitions, and clean install W8 onto that unallocated space. The W8 install creates new hidden EFI (and other) and system partitions on the drive. If wanted to restore the factory system image back, would I first need to wipe system and hidden partitions and restore the image?

Essentially, what has me confused are the hidden partitions. Specifically, how does a restore handle pre-existing EFI hidden partitions - are they simply overwritten from the recovery and re-sized if needed? And if the hidden partitions don't exist, such as on unallocated space, does the recovery create them from the backed up image so that the machine boots?

Apparently the Paragon software will do all that could possibly be required. But, I used the Macrium/Minitool method which worked for me. I suggest you do some reading on the Paragon site before purchasing...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8 pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Computer 1 of 4
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
    Memory
    4GB Kit (2x2GB)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 18"
    Screen Resolution
    1080p
    PSU
    Cheapo
    Internet Speed
    30mb
    Other Info
    Computer 2 :~ Dell Inspiron - 1x 350gb & 1x 250gb - 6GB Memory - Win 7 | Computer 3 :~ Samsung 355v5C Notebook - 6Gb Mem - Win8 2Core| Computer 4:~ Samsung 355v5C Notebook - 6Gb Mem - Win8 4Core
I use the built in functionality for a system image (called Win7 restore... in Control Panel) and it works with uefi and secure boot. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
I had an SSD I was trying to clone to replace my factory hard drive. After many attempts using Acronis, what ended up working was, I backed up the original hard drive to the a new drive created on original hard drive. Then, I attempted to recover the backup to the SSD. Acronis had to restart to complete recovery. When the computer shut down I swapped out the disks. Because of secure boot, I was always redirected back to Bios. Finally, got my hands on clean copy of Windows 8 Pro, even though that was not the version that was pre-installed, I figured... why not? Anyway, popped the dvd in, got past secure boot, and and did a quick auto repair, and I was good to go.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus N56VJ
After one attempt I can say that EASEUS Todo Backup can also image a UEFI system, at least if you're already booted and you image the system from the Desktop. Not really important for the software to be able to boot with Secureboot and UEFI, It can do this in CSM or lagacy mode as well. The most important thing is to re-enable the UEFI and Secureboot once the restoration is complete (all needed partitions, be ther UEFI, System... are backed up).

To restore the image you need their Easeus image ISO (is installed along with the program in Program Files (x86) but there is no SecureBoot UEFI support so it seems. If you temporarily disable UEFI and SecureBoot, load up CSM in BIOS, reboot with the Easeus image and begin restoring: the restoration will be successful, adding all the needed UEFI partitions. Reboot or Shutdown and go to BIOS first to re-enable UEFI and Secureboot, then all is well.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
I had an SSD I was trying to clone to replace my factory hard drive. After many attempts using Acronis, what ended up working was, I backed up the original hard drive to the a new drive created on original hard drive. Then, I attempted to recover the backup to the SSD. Acronis had to restart to complete recovery. When the computer shut down I swapped out the disks. Because of secure boot, I was always redirected back to Bios. Finally, got my hands on clean copy of Windows 8 Pro, even though that was not the version that was pre-installed, I figured... why not? Anyway, popped the dvd in, got past secure boot, and and did a quick auto repair, and I was good to go.

Has full support for Windows 8 uEFI, GPT & Secure Boot.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/17083-how-migrate-os-new-hard-disk.html

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
What version of Easeus are you using?

I was able to create pe media containing the recent/current giveaway of Todo 5.8 workstation.

After one attempt I can say that EASEUS Todo Backup can also image a UEFI system, at least if you're already booted and you image the system from the Desktop. Not really important for the software to be able to boot with Secureboot and UEFI, It can do this in CSM or lagacy mode as well. The most important thing is to re-enable the UEFI and Secureboot once the restoration is complete (all needed partitions, be ther UEFI, System... are backed up).

To restore the image you need their Easeus image ISO (is installed along with the program in Program Files (x86) but there is no SecureBoot UEFI support so it seems. If you temporarily disable UEFI and SecureBoot, load up CSM in BIOS, reboot with the Easeus image and begin restoring: the restoration will be successful, adding all the needed UEFI partitions. Reboot or Shutdown and go to BIOS first to re-enable UEFI and Secureboot, then all is well.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop

I was able to create pe media containing the recent/current giveaway of Todo 5.8 workstation.

I also have the 5.8 giveaway. It includes a WinPE image ISO installed along with the program.
I've imaged my host system, as a test, and restored it in Vmware Player. Then I've enabled UEFI in the VM and it booted fine.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
Not really important for the software to be able to boot with Secureboot and UEFI, It can do this in CSM or lagacy mode as well. The most important thing is to re-enable the UEFI and Secureboot once the restoration is complete (all needed partitions, be ther UEFI, System... are backed up).
I would have thought the exact same thing as well, but with some of the software that I tried this was not the case. I'd boot from a non UEFI USB key, restore my image and then change the BIOS and could not get it to boot. I tried with Acronis True Image 2010 and Aomei Data Backuper. I switched to Paragon Backup and Restore 12 Home and all is working great. Completely satisfied with my $39 investment.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
Yes, I know, it comes with pe3 x86.

I put it into pe4 instead.

I also have the 5.8 giveaway. It includes a WinPE image ISO installed along with the program.
I've imaged my host system, as a test, and restored it in Vmware Player. Then I've enabled UEFI in the VM and it booted fine.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Not really important for the software to be able to boot with Secureboot and UEFI, It can do this in CSM or lagacy mode as well. The most important thing is to re-enable the UEFI and Secureboot once the restoration is complete (all needed partitions, be ther UEFI, System... are backed up).
I would have thought the exact same thing as well, but with some of the software that I tried this was not the case. I'd boot from a non UEFI USB key, restore my image and then change the BIOS and could not get it to boot. I tried with Acronis True Image 2010 and Aomei Data Backuper. I switched to Paragon Backup and Restore 12 Home and all is working great. Completely satisfied with my $39 investment.

I didn't expected some drawbacks but I believe you. Guess I got lucky with Todo Backup.
Since we have UEFI in VMWare I thought the test was worth trying and it worked.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
Yes, I know, it comes with pe3 x86.

I put it into pe4 instead.

Pe4? Win8 based or Server 2012... means you got UEFI going. :cool:
Is the software fully compatible to this?
I don't expect any issues, personally I would use this as well. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard