Another system file corruption problem

Peterthegreat

I've done little else for two days but try to get my Acer Inspire laptop to update windows (again)

SFC always reports a file corrupted. Initially this was CNBJ2530.DPB More recently this is invagent.dll. The fault is always mismatching file hashes

DISM repair has not been successful. On running DISM with the check health option DISM reports the image is healthy. As it believes there are no problems its no wonder that it doesn't repair any.

SFCfix did not fix anything although it did not seem to work properly. Any help with using this recently would be appreciated. Much of the posted data seems pretty old.

I have a serious gripe with Microsoft. I update my machines manually so that as far as possible I can ensure any problems with the update can be scheduled to avoid important work as far as possible. You only know that an update has failed if you happen to be watching the screen at the precise 10 seconds or so that the message appears during the restart process that the failure is announced and that the update is being reversed. Any influence with Microsoft might be of use to a lot of people. I imagine there are a huge numbe of machines out there with a corruption and do not have the latest updates installed simply because there is no obvious way that they would be aware of it.

It is for this reason that I appear to have missed two monthly updates and the restore points before the the corruption occurred together with the backup of the registry files are all postdate of the corruption happening.

Help or alternatively directions to the nearest high building to jump off please

Many thanks

Peter Moran

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer inspire
Welcome to the forum have you actually run a disk check if its reporting errors then it seems ok it sound like disk or memory error reading files

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8 pro
Thnks

Thanks

I hadn't thought of that. This would be the only incident I am aware of concerning a disk or memory fault.

Actually I have managed to get the update to work. The process occurred rather by error.

I tried an update immediately after a sfc scan. Because the fail message only appears for a few seconds I decided to shut down and reboot manually to minimise the amount of time I was looking at the screen. ( I clear the page file when shutting down and this takes a little while )

When I restarted I went to windows update to see if the machine was up to date but I found it was still asking me to restart. I did this and it went in no problem.

I will keep the thread open until I have run a disk and memory check

Thanks again for the help

Peter Moran

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer inspire
I ran a surface scan using Minitools Partition wizard - software I have always found reliable. - no faults.

It seemed to me that if the problem lay with the RAM then the fault wouldn't be rock solid consistent and would appear elsewhere. To the best of my knowledge this is the only fault on the machine.

I then put the laptop into flight mode and ran sfc/ scannow three times whilst doing nothing else either during the scans or between them. The summary produced by the second two scans is shown below. The first result was the same as the third.
Ashampoo_Snap_2017.07.22_21h19m30s_001_.jpg
To me this looks increasingly like a Microsoft fault - anybody else any ideas? Please:D

Thanks

Peter Moran

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer inspire
Back