an very rare error window.cpp, what is it?

m18xr2

aff.png

does anyone know what this is and how to go about fixing it? this comes up very rarely its almost always not a problem and been like this for 2+ years i thought i should just ask. thanks!

some details, this only happens on boot and I have a bunch of tasks, software to startup on boot as well but this will only come up occasionally, like once a month or something.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1 and server 2012 R2
Window.cpp is the name of a source file written in C++ that would have been part of source code used to compile one of your startup programs. The error is reporting a run time error at line 44 of that .cpp file.

Unfortunately that doesn't help much. C++ programmers are unimaginative when naming their source code modules and the name Window.cpp has been use by very many different software developers for many different types of software, as a Google search will confirm.

What it does do is confirm that this is a bug in one of the programs you run at start up. The probability is that it will be 3rd-party software. It's highly unlikely that it's a bug in Windows itself as: a) it would be widely reported, and b) MS should have fixed it by now.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Hyper-V
Back