• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

An annoying trouble in Windows 8.1

seido

I'm a newbie of Windows 8.1. Now I doubt that the new system has been infected by malware that causes many popups marked as "by daugava". I found many tutorials like this one on google just introduced how to clean off pop-ups from Windows 7. So do you guys know how to remove popups and malware from Windows 8.1? Thanks.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

Monafraj

if you are facing some annoying pop-ups you could run microsoft security essentials which comes pre-installed in windows 8.1, if still you are getting it, i would reccomend you malware bytes which is the best paid software to remove harmful malwares and trojans from your system.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    operating system
Here's another step-by-step to remove Daugava manually from Win 7 thru Win 10 (I wouldn't install any software, I would follow the manual method) -> How to remove Daugava (ads, pop-ups, banners)

As suggested I would then run a malware tool as well to ensure you didn't also install something more than nasty browser addons.

I would be very careful about where I go with my machine and what I install should you be able to clean this up fully.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number
    Lenovo G50-45
    CPU
    AMD A6-6310
    Memory
    12GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15" Laptop Display, 32" Samsung HDTV
    Internet Speed
    SLOW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)