Solved Amazing! Aero Effects working on Old Intel Graphics Card

sunveer

I have Intel 82915G Graphics Card and Windows 7 Aero effects didn't work on my card. But I tried Windows 8 Consumer Preview and it was shocking to see that all the effects work on my graphics card without installing any drivers.

Proof:
explorer.png
menu.png
thumbnail.png
aero.png
colors.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    XP
I think Windows 8 emulates the Aero Effects if the Hardware doesn't support it, I can use them on an Intel 82865G

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64/Windows Consumer Preview x64
I know this did NOT work with the DP, because my laptop has the dreaded 915GM chipset and NONE of the previous XP drivers would install. Could only use the "generic" driver with the DP. Will be curious to see if they have now "fixed" this with the CP.

My Computer

I know this did NOT work with the DP, because my laptop has the dreaded 915GM chipset and NONE of the previous XP drivers would install. Could only use the "generic" driver with the DP. Will be curious to see if they have now "fixed" this with the CP.

Ya try it..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    XP
You're right! It does appear to support an aero-like look. Tried actually installing the old video drivers (ones that work in Win7) and once again, like with the DP, it refuses to do that. So, left with the Video Controller error in Device Manager.

UPDATE: OK, this like REALLY wierd! I made the mistake of grabbing the wrong DVD, and instead of installing the CP, installed the DP all over again. What's wierd, is that the first time, I did not get any Aero-like screen stuff; this time, I did.

So, I'm restoring the laptop to the pre-win8-install state and will try installing the CP again.

Last edited:

My Computer

Unfortunately MS are planning to remove transparency from the final release.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Back