Memory
    32 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia Titan Black
    Browser
    Fire Fox
    Antivirus
    Avira free
Thanx! :) I'll go through the steps tomorrow I think.

But something else has come up. I saw a YouTube video that brought up problems with the Windows magnifier in Win 10!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElhNNnyJgYk

If the magnifier doesn't work properly in Win 10, I won't be able to use my computer! :(

This kind of thing happens to people with disabilities all the time. Firefox lost its ability to do caret browsing FOR YEARS! I can't use Windows 10 without the magnifier... and I can't pay for a third-party magnifier! And as far as I know, nothing with what I need even exists outside the the default Windows magnifier. I searched.

If I just download Win 10 to a thumb drive, without installing it until the Win 10 magnifier is fixed, will I be able to do the upgrade, (and then the clean install), for free, even though the deadline has passed?

This is why I tend to leave updated turned off. :(

Years ago, I hosted what was probably the only radio show on disability issues in the United States. (WBAI FM, in New York City)... When Windows first came out, way too many people told me they could no longer use their computers! And these days, updates and upgrades that lock people with disabilities out, are much more serious!

And forcing people with impaired abilities to work much harder at getting basic functionality for their computers is totally absurd. :(

You're a Windows Insider. Do you know anything about this magnifier problem? It's been my experience that asking companies to fix stuff like this almost never works.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Puget Systems
    CPU
    i7 4930K
    Memory
    32 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia Titan Black
    Browser
    Fire Fox
    Antivirus
    Avira free
You're right, I am not a Windows Insider, maybe if Brink reads this, he can tell you more about it. I believe that he's a Windows Insider. Also I noticed your last few posts, including the one with 'test'. Whenever you post, it should automatically post, no matter if you see your post yet on your computer or not.

Hopefully the steps are in-depth and are easy to follow this time.

And also, assuming the Windows 10 magnifier doesn't work, there's a Lot of 3rd party magnifier programs that you can use. They're free, simple to use and whatnot. There's this one: Virtual Magnifying Glass 3.7
If you scroll down a little bit on that page, you can see pictures. But this is only one of Many out there.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Professional (64-Bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self Built
    CPU
    Intel Pentium GPU G2020 2.90GHz
    Motherboard
    P8B75-M - CSM
    Memory
    8.00 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 8400GS
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS VS247
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 720
I've checked those out many times. None of them are even close to being adequate for me. If the magnifier doesn't work in Win 10, I don't want to install Win 10 until they fix the it. I'd like to know if I can just download that OS to my thumb drive and wait 'til the magnifier works. Can I do this and then do the upgrade to Win 10, and then the clean install later, all for free, even though the deadline has passed?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Puget Systems
    CPU
    i7 4930K
    Memory
    32 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia Titan Black
    Browser
    Fire Fox
    Antivirus
    Avira free
Not sure about that. You should start a new topic asking about that. I'm sure the administrator Brink will be able to answer that for you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self Built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    P8B75-M - CSM
    Memory
    8.00 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 8400GS
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS VS247
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 720
I tried the new list of steps you gave me. But they're the same as the first list. And the same thing happened. I did something when I was following your first list, and things seemed like they would work. But I don't remember what I did! You said you knew what I did for things to work correctly but you didn't include that in your new list of steps! :) I tried to figure out what to do... how to change the list of steps but each time, I just ended up in some strange place that had nothing to do with what you're describing. This must seem super-simple to you but it's very difficult for me. I just need a "step by step" on how to get this done! If I have that, everything goes smoothly. But if there's a glitch in the instructions that require me to figure out what to do next, everything gets derailed. Can you please help me get past this? I really appreciate your help, and I hope this isn't becoming annoying to you. I'm just trying to not get into a train wreck, losing my files when I install Win 10. I really need your help.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Puget Systems
    CPU
    i7 4930K
    Memory
    32 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia Titan Black
    Browser
    Fire Fox
    Antivirus
    Avira free
Here.. I made a video tutorial of my directions for you. Please follow exactly what I did there. Also, the video quality may be a little bit low, yet the positions of all the buttons and everything should be exactly in the same position as it is on your end. So just follow exactly where my mouse went and so on.. you can follow along. Try it out!

[video=youtube;qZBtpqsJ_Fg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZBtpqsJ_Fg[/video]

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self Built
    CPU
    Motherboard