• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Acer Aspire Freezes On Facebook

Spudster

Hello,

I have a New Windows 8 Acer Aspire V5-571P Touch Machine, Everytime I go to facebook homepage or a site that has a like button extention the whole system will freeze Things I have tried.

Clean Boot
ReInstalled Chrome
Removed All Extentions From Chrome (it worked for a few days then the problem appeared again)

It will freeze for 20-40 secounds then everything will be normal untill I reboot the system again?

This issue has been coming and going for the past month and the PC is only a few months new.

I'm starting to think its a hardware or major software issue sinced ive tried everything even re-installing Windows 8 that fixed it for a few days and then the issue re-apperaed and no I haven't downloaded anything that would of conflicted.

The issue does not appear in safe mode or firefox the last time I checked a few weeks ago.

Hope I get a permanent solution

Thanks,

Spudster

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number
    Acer V5
    CPU
    Intel Core I3
    Browser
    Chrome

XweAponX

VIP Member
Pro User
Go to "Internet Options" in the Control Panel and go to the last Property Sheet. Slide the slider down to the bottom.

You'll see a bunch of protocols - "Use TLS 1.2" up to "Use SSL 2.0" - These settings affect Chrome too. Place a check in ALL of those items and then restart your Explorer or Chrome. I just had to do this from Teamviewer on a system that was doing the exact same thing for Gmail. Once I did it, all sites worked right.

I think the most important settings are the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) settings. But just to make sure, turn them ALL on.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus § DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200) 4400+ § Corsair Value Select
    CPU
    AMD 4400+/4200+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus/Asus A8M2N-LA (NodusM)
    Memory
    2 GB/3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8400 GS/GeForce 210
    Sound Card
    nVIDIA GT218 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hitachi 40" LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    "1842 x 1036"
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD50 00AAKS-007AA SCSI Disk Device
    ST1000DL 002-9TT153 SCSI Disk Device
    WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 ATA Device
    WDC WD32 WD-WCAPZ2942630 USB Device
    WD My Book 1140 USB Device
    PSU
    Works 550w
    Case
    MSI "M-Box"
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Dell Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Intellimouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable Medium Speed
    Browser
    Chrome/IE 10
    Antivirus
    Eset NOD32 6.x/Win Defend
    Other Info
    Recently lost my Windows 8 on my main PC, had to go back to Windows 7.