9 new Windows themes take you around the world

I’m addicted to Bing’s daily images and the tidbits of info they provide every day. The only problem with having Bing as my homepage is that, all too often, I forget what I was going to search for, because Bing’s homepage photo (or even better, video!) is so distracting. But with the Best of Bing 2013 theme, I can have some of the world-traveling flavor of the Bing homepage on my desktop, without the too-intriguing distractions. (You probably already know this, but you can download some Bing wallpapers directly from Bing, too.)

On the subject of world travel, I’m really excited to introduce Wild Beauty, our first theme by traveler and photographer Charles Bergman. This collection features stunning wildlife and landscape photography from some of the most fascinating and picturesque places around the globe, including Antarctica, Patagonia, the Falkland Islands, and the Galápagos.

Actually, most of our new themes follow a sort of travel motif, as they feature compelling locations that draw many visitors every year. For example, photographer James Poulsom’s images of the French Riviera show the beautiful Côte d'Azur in the moody light of dawn and dusk.

Flying eastward around the globe, our next stop is Hong Kong. Wilson Au’s poetic photography of the region includes images of both delicate natural beauty and glowing city skylines.

After an imaginary flight from the Hong Kong International Airport to the Kansai International Airport in Osaka, we disembark with Wilson Au’s brief introduction to the beauties of Honshu.

Photographer Kazuo Nakadai guides the next stage of our tour, sharing unique perspectives of Japan from the bustling nightlife and shining streets of Osaka, Tokyo, and Yokohama to the quiet natural landscapes of Nagano, Shizuoka, and Kagoshima.

After crossing the Pacific, our virtual flight taxis to a stop on the tarmac of the Winnipeg International Airport where we meet our next tour guide. Photographer Hayley Elizabeth takes us on an exploration through the diverse landscapes of Manitoba.

Continuing eastward again, we touch down at JFK International Airport in New York City, just in time to meet photographer Johnny Lam and be introduced to the many sights of the City that Never Sleeps.

Our last new theme, featuring the photography of Marc Schroeder, makes me think of campfires and roasting marshmallows. It wraps up a busy day of vicarious world travel with a quiet evening around a backyard barbecue.

We also publish new wallpapers on a regular basis, just in case you have an older version of Windows that can’t use themes, or you prefer to use a single image (perhaps on your lock screen or Windows Phone). Here are a few of the newest ones:

I hope you’ll keep checking back more new themes and wallpapers to beautify your Windows PC or Windows Phone. Your own private (albeit imaginary) travel service is just a click away with the Personalization Gallery… It can already take you to hundreds of beautiful places around the world, and we keep adding new destinations all the time. Best of all, you never have to go through airport security or check your bags!
aggbug.aspx

More...

Thanks, just switched to the French Riviera theme

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy 700z
    CPU
    AMD 4.1 GHz quad-core
    Motherboard
    MSI
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Integrated Radeon HD 8670D
    Sound Card
    Integrated Sound, Envy Audio; Beats Audio
    Hard Drives
    1TB 7200 RPM SATA
    PSU
    460 watt
    Keyboard
    wired USB
    Mouse
    wired USB
    Browser
    IE11 / Chrome
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender aka MSE
Thanks, NYCityscape theme for me.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro With Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Intel i7 870
    Motherboard
    Asus Maximus III Formula
    Memory
    2x4GB Corsair Dominator CL9
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX 5850
    Sound Card
    SupremeFX X-Fi
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP X2301
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    120gb Corsair Force GS ssd
    500gb WD Caviar Blue
    PSU
    Silverstone DA650
    Case
    Bitfenix Shinobi
    Cooling
    Swiftech Apoogee XT
    Keyboard
    Razer Lycosa Mirror
    Mouse
    Razer Salmosa Korean Tournament Ed
    Internet Speed
    3MBps
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    This is my legacy
Hi there
Thanks -- great stuff -- I like the Mountains etc (and at the opposite end of the spectrum NYC - the city that never sleeps -- rather like some people on this Forum I suspect !!)

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Themes

Thank you, just downloaded the Manitoba one!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Gateway
    Memory
    8 GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway FHX 2300
    Browser
    Firefox, Chrome, Torch,ucbrowser
    Antivirus
    Avast
I just installed animals and it's very nice indeed, thank you for the heads up!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 windows 8 pro
    HP a6300/Sony sve15122cxw
    CPU
    both intel
    Motherboard
    foxconn/sony
    Memory
    4/4 gigs