8.1 and showing login password

Alloneword

I have read the rules here and think this is on the limit of the rules i'm sure a mod will check this post being my first and if i am breaking the rules i'm sorry and just delete this thread.

I am doing some work for a small company and they have 2 or 3 machines that run 8.1 and they are very security aware and don't want me to have their windows login passwords which i understand but quiet often i need to reboot the machine and everytime i do this is i need to go and find the guys who knows the passwords and drag him to where the machines are and he has to input the passwords, which to be honest is a real pain in the rear for both him and I, now i know there are tons of discs that will reset the windows login but i don't want to do this as they want to keep the same passwords on the machines so does anyone know of any kind boot disc that will display the current passwords on screen for me so i will not have to keep finding this poor guy?
Also somethng to bear in mind is this machines uses this protected boot option unlike my normal windows 7 machines i work on i have to disable this to get most boot discs to work, i may not have explained this last bit well and i'm not a heavy user of 8.0/8.1

All1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 U x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home made
    CPU
    Intel i7 of some kind
    Motherboard
    Asus z87 Deluxe
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nope running of cpu
    Browser
    FF
Yes there are applications /tools that can do what you need, although most do work as stated by replacing the password and yes this is beyond the scope of this forum.

What I would suggest that you do, is speak to whoever can authorise you as an administrator on the systems that you need to access, and allow you access to this account and password whilst you are working there.

You could even ask to have the Hidden Master Administrator enabled and given a password agreed between the two of you which you could use for your work, when you are not working there it's a quick and simple command to disable/hide this account. to protect the data and other users.

When I used to have this type of issue I would issue a "Notification of Delay to Work" to the guy in charge and at the end of the project charge for this time at a premium rate. As soon as the client realises that their systems are likely to cost them money it's amazing how compliant they can be.

Another system is a " Change Notice " this is issued when the client comes to you and asks for a design or practical change, and then come back when you finish and say they want in changed back as it is not what they really want.

These things should of course be conditions set when agreeing the contract but a quiet word in the ear of who ever pays the bills can work wonders.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Real World Computing
    CPU
    AMD FX8350 8 Core @4GHz
    Motherboard
    Asus M5A78L-M USB3
    Memory
    32GB [4x8GB] DDR3 1600 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus nVidia GTX750TI-OC-2GD5 (2GB DDR5)
    Sound Card
    ASUS Xoner DG + SPDIF to 5.1 System + HDMI
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer G276HL 27", (DVi) + Samsung 39" HDTV (HDMI)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 @60Hz + 1920 x 1080 @60Hz
    Hard Drives
    Internal
    Crucial 256GB SSD,
    WDC WD30EZRX-00D8PB0 3TB,
    Toshiba HDWD130 3TB
    Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH1 2TB,

External (USB3)
    Seagate Backup+ Hub BK SCSI Disk 8TB
    2.5/3.5 Hot Swap Cradle, USB3 + eSata (client HDDs)

NAS
    Seagate ST4000DM000
    PSU
    Aerocool Templarius Imperator 750W 80+ Silver
    Case
    AeroCool X-Warrior Devil Red Tower
    Cooling
    Stock CPU, Rear 120mm, Front 2x120mm, Side 2x120mm
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K710 & K270
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless M710 M185 & M570 Trackball
    Internet Speed
    37Mb/s Down - 9.5Mb/s Up
    Browser
    Chrome
    Antivirus
    BitDefender Total Security 2017
    Other Info
    Also run...

Desktop - 6Core 8GB - Windows 10 Enterprise x64,
    Laptop - Quad 8GB - Windows 10 Pro x64
    Netbook - Ubuntu
    2 x Nexus 7 Android tablets
    Samsung 10.2" tablet
    Sony Z3 Android Smartphone
    HTC One Android Smartphone
Hello Alloneword, and welcome to Eight Forums. :)

I'm afraid that we can't help you to show their password since that would be a violation of the forum rules.

You might see if they could set you up with a temporary account that you can use with your own password until you have finished your work with them, and they can then delete the account.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K OC'd to 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    OCZ Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Premium
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
Barman58 & Brink, many thanks for your replies, i thought i was right on the edge of the forum rules but didn't think it would hurt to ask, i didn't want to go via the "showing/hacking" route as it would be much easier for everyone if they could trust me with the password after all once i'm in the system i have access to everything so if i was the kind of person to do something i should not then i would have had my opportunity then but they are the client and i have to go with what they want, but i do like the idea of "Notification of Delay to Work" that sounds like a good tool to use so many thanks for the suggestion and allowing the post to stay up.
:thumbsup:

All1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 U x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    Intel i7 of some kind