- I've got a strange problem running 7-Zip 9.28 alpha [64 bit] under Windows 8 Pro x64 RTM. Hope you can help.
In order to be able to click on a zip file and then extract it's contents to a folder I have to set 7zFM.exe to run with Administrator rights via Properties | Compatibility. However, when I do this the 7-Zip 'Open Archive' context menu does not work.
When I remove Admin rights from 7zFM.exe the 'Open Archive' context menu works but I can no longer click on a zip and extract it's contents. I get multiple messages for various files like this one: 0 ERROR: Can not delete output file <file path is here> .
Interestingly, I get these same exact messages if I try to extract to a folder that is open by a running program.
- Keep in mind I can't use the 'Run as Administrator' context menu option because I am clicking on the zip file not running the 7-Zip GUI directly. My only option is to use compatibility mode to set Admin rights. I've had many programs that require Admin rights under Windows 8 then I ever had with Windows 7. Any thoughts/ideas on my problems?
- Windows 8.1 Pro X64
- Computer type
- System Manufacturer/Model Number
- Homemade Rig
- Intel Core i7 Quad 3770K @ 5 Ghz
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
- Corsair Dominator-GT 16GB @ 2400 Mhz
- Graphics Card(s)
- Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Edition
- Sound Card
- Realtek HD
- Monitor(s) Displays
- ASUS PA246Q & PA249Q IPS 24" LCD
- Screen Resolution
- Hard Drives
Samsung SSD 830, 840 256GB |
2TB Seagate SATA3 |
Hitachi eSata 500GB
- Corsair Professional Series 1050W
- Corsair Obsididan 800D Full Tower
- Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooler
- Logitech Wireless K520
- Microsoft Wireless Explorer
- Internet Speed
- Windows Defender
- Other Info
- UEFI BIOS with a GPT SSD boot drive.