Yes, one is the graphics built into the CPU, the other is a separate (discrete) AMD graphics chip. Behavior and whether you can switch between them is dependent upon the BIOS and hardware configuration.
Would help to know what laptop exactly. Look at my specs.
Did you just get the laptop?
Also, GPU-Z will give more info on the graphics.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer V3 771G-6443
    CPU
    i5-3230m
    Motherboard
    Acer VA70_HC (U3E1)
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD4000 + GeForce GT 730M
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" Generic PnP Display on Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB
    ADATA SSD SP900 128GB
    PSU
    90 watt brick
    Mouse
    Bluetooth
    Antivirus
    Comodo
    Other Info
    Asus RT-AC56R dual-band WRT router (Merlin firmware). Intel 7260.HMWWB.R dual-band ac wireless adapter.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer V3 771G-6443
    CPU
    i5-3230m
    Motherboard
    Acer VA70_HC (U3E1)
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD4000 + GeForce GT 730M
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" Generic PnP Display on Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB
    ADATA SSD SP900 128GB
    PSU
    90 watt brick
    Mouse
    Bluetooth
    Antivirus
    Comodo
    Other Info
    Asus RT-AC56R dual-band WRT router (Merlin firmware). Intel 7260.HMWWB.R dual-band ac wireless adapter.
Thanks for the info. I've had this laptop for a year now, it's an HP Pavilion g6 don't know exactly what model it is.. Wasn't into PCs that much when I first got it.
What's weird though is now it doesn't display the ATI anymore, dunno why.
Also, I'm not really good with BIOS configs.. I couldn't get my laptop to boot YUMI from a USB today which drove me nuts till I gave up..

Update

Just downloaded GPU-Z, showing both graphics cards, with a lot more specs about them which I cannot read. :p
Should I post screenshots?

Try to update your graphics drivers. It didn't give too many details regarding ati.
The laptop model number is printed on the cardboard box you bought it with, or better, in the BIOS: system info; is probably the first page you see, or sometimes requires F1 button pressed.

YUMI most likely boots in MBR mode and the laptop is UEFI. The tricky part is that if you don't know what you are doing and you enable CSM legacy mode in the BIOS + disable secure boot, you will get YUMI usb to boot BUT your Windows 8 install won't work anymore until you restore the UEFI settings and disable legacy mode.

Get more info/details before you change important settings.

Cheers!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
On my Dell, which has an Nvidia card, you can pick which GPU will be used for individual programs or as the primary. I don't remember how to do this right now, but you might check the manual to see how it works on yours.

This option is not in the Bios, so I will have to check later to see how it works on mine.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77 -v Pro, Z87-Expert
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified (2)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
After your question, I went and checked my Dell AIO which has Intel and Nvidia graphics.

It turns out the Nvidia Control panel is where you select the Adapter type for primary or with certain programs. But for some reason the Nvidia Control panel would not start up.

I checked the Device Manager and if I enabled "Show Hidden Devices", the Nvidia Adapter did show up, but greyed out.

If I tried to reinstall the drivers from Dell, they started to install but stopped and stated they could not be installed.

I cannot advise you for your system, but what I did was to use the Device Manager to uninstall the Nvidia Display adapter, and choose to uninstall all drivers. I then shut my system down and waited a few minutes then started it back up. When I got signed back in, the Nvidia Control Panel was again available and I am able to set my adapters.

Maybe the ATI stuff works in the same manner or at least something similar. But what has me wondering is why I was told by the system the Nvidia card was not connected. Someone suggested an update of some sort was causing this to happen, but not certain that was involved. But it was as if the card was not being recognized correctly.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Grown
    CPU
    i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77 -v Pro, Z87-Expert
    Memory
    16 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified (2)
    Hard Drives
    Kingston SSD 240 GB
I'd like to know how I can get my laptop to boot YUMI or from a USB since I'm planning to get a new laptop with top specs. I want to get Windows 8.1 not Windows 7. I can boot anything from Windows 7, so I'm guessing it's the OS that's related to BIOS? Not the laptop? Again, I'm sorry, I'm a noob when it comes with computers, but I'm getting better with each passing day. :)

If the BIOS is related to the OS, I'd like to know how I can enable CSM Legacy for dual booting. I'd also like to know how to create a boot menu, like the ones that come with Windows 7.

Not a problem. :)

If you want to get Windows 8.1 (x64) to boot on your top system (uefi I presume) then you have nothing to change. Extract the ISO on a freshly formatted USB stick and boot with it.

For HP you just need to reboot Esc -> boot device or press F9 to select boot device: you'll need to be fast: the first seconds when machine starts. Select your Win8.1 usb in the uefi boot selector.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html
Start the install.

There's no need for CSM if you install x64 uefi Win8, Win7, Vista, or recent Linux distros. This way you may attempt to dualboot 2 uefi systems as well. I wouldn't recommend dualbooting between uefi and non-uefi systems since the BIOS options don't coexist too well. I have a HP laptop as well; booting in CSM and then rebooting in UEFI was like a hangover for the machine: speakers cracked up some sound, then no sound at all, plus some pretty messed up stuff from the hybrid boot that only fixed itself after disabling CSM and rebooting altogether.

CSM is only to boot OLDER systems; and during this time your Win 8.1, if installed in uefi, will be inaccessible.
If you enable CSM legacy mode, uefi will be disabled but you also need to disable secure boot.
In your case I'd still try the uefi boot from usb first: it's pretty fast.

I don't recall exactly if YUMI supports uefi, but let's say yes: then only the uefi systems will be bootable. To boot all systems from your YUMI install, you'll need to go with the CSM procedure.
Change UEFI Bios settings back to LEGACY BIOS mode... - HP Enterprise Business Community

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset