Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


windows 8 defender MpCmdRun.exe

  1. #1


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8 64bit

    windows 8 defender MpCmdRun.exe


    First this is my first post in this forum.have heard a lot about this community



    I am using windows 8 in my office.I have disabled windows updates and because of that defender dosent updates itself.but sometimes it does.


    i searched and found i can create a task in task scheduler using this option


    MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate -MMPC


    But the problem in this is that it popups the command prompt when it starts.I want that it runs in hidden so that users in my office dosent sees whats happening.


    how can i do it so?


    thanks



    Ankit

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 467
    Windows 8 Pro


    You can create a VBS file and schedule that instead and use the , 0 parameter to make the update window hidden


    set objShell = createobject("wscript.shell")
    objShell.Run("""C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"" ""-SignatureUpdate""") , 0
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Wullail View Post
    You can create a VBS file and schedule that instead and use the , 0 parameter to make the update window hidden


    set objShell = createobject("wscript.shell")
    objShell.Run("""C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"" ""-SignatureUpdate""") , 0


    Hello Wullail

    Thanks thanks a lot.Your method works absolutely fine.May God bless you.....
    I have posted this question many times at many forums but didnt got the desired solution but you instantly gave me solution.


    Can this work with Microsoft security essentials also in windows 7?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 467
    Windows 8 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj1611 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wullail View Post
    You can create a VBS file and schedule that instead and use the , 0 parameter to make the update window hidden


    set objShell = createobject("wscript.shell")
    objShell.Run("""C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"" ""-SignatureUpdate""") , 0


    Hello Wullail

    Thanks thanks a lot.Your method works absolutely fine.May God bless you.....
    I have posted this question many times at many forums but didnt got the desired solution but you instantly gave me solution.


    Can this work with Microsoft security essentials also in windows 7?
    It should work the same yes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 165
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj1611 View Post
    i can create a task in task scheduler using this option
    MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate -MMPC
    But the problem in this is that it popups the command prompt when it starts
    Run the scheduled task not with normal user rights but with "SYSTEM" rights instead. Then the command prompt windows doesn't appear.

    On "General" tab of scheduled task choose:
    "When running the task, use the following user account" -> "SYSTEM"

    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj1611 View Post
    I want that it runs in hidden so that users in my office dosent sees whats happening.
    When you want to use it on other PCs in your office: You also can export the scheduled task to a XML file and import the XML file on other PCs.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 87
    Win 8 and Linux (MINT)


    FYI... In Win 8 you do not need to create any scripting outside of the task scheduler just use the add argumnets section and add in -SignatureUpdate -MMPC
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

windows 8 defender MpCmdRun.exe
Related Threads
windows defender in System Security
How can I turn on my windows defender??? there are no options to turn on. please help.
Is Windows Defender enough? in System Security
Hi all, Apologies if this question has been asked before, i'm sick of Avira and its constant pop ups and product updates etc and I'm thinking to just stick with Windows Defender. My questions are: - Is it good enough? - Is it light on system? - Does it require Windows Update to be turned...
Is Windows Defender okay? in System Security
Is Windows Defender okay or should I get a different Anti-virus. I really don't want to spend any money.
Hi, I need a solution to below matter:- There is some internet connectivity limitation at our office, like Google, news sites etc are allowed, you cannot browse other sites. Recently in every PC Microsoft Security Essential is newly installed as only Antivirus program, but problem is I can't...
Solved windows defender in System Security
Is it my pc or is there no right click scan anymore? windows 8 64 bit
Solved windows defender in System Security
windows defender has been doing a full scan of my computer since 6:10 am this mourning, and it is still going. that caint be right can it,too take that long.
Windows Defender in System Security
Over the past few days I continually get a message in the Action Centre saying Windows Defender needs to scan my system. I let it scan and it finds nothing. All is fine until I switch off then when I restart the message is back. Anyone else experiencing this?
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook