Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


PC infected with XTreme Rat

  1. #11


    Posts : 70
    windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal View Post
    Best bet is new disk
    Killdisk renders a drive to the extent where it is literally not possible for any data to survive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michal View Post
    Best bet is new disk and CPU (if Intel, AMD is o.k.).
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    Malicious code can be permanently embedded within the Intel CPU? Or am I misinterpreting what you are saying?
    I can answer that. No.
    Of course it can, by adding write only registers to the CPU Intel is a reason why TRESSOR in no longer an option for anyone interested in serious disk encryption (which is obviously no reason to worry for average user, but), also Intel already sabotaged the traditionally strong pseudorandom generation under Linux the runs under Intel devices.

    Read Bruce Schneider's blogs. I would think that he is an authority on this topic.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Posts : 1,883
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1


    You're talking about vulnerability that has to be exploited during manufacturing process by a rogue employee. lol

    Malware will never survive Killdisk.

    Stop spreading fud.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 70
    windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    You're talking about vulnerability that has to be exploited during manufacturing process by a rogue employee. lol

    Malware will never survive Killdisk.

    Stop spreading fud.
    just read Snowden on the topic, some Schneider's articles in the Guardian
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Posts : 1,883
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1


    Quote Originally Posted by Michal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    You're talking about vulnerability that has to be exploited during manufacturing process by a rogue employee. lol

    Malware will never survive Killdisk.

    Stop spreading fud.
    just read Snowden on the topic, some Schneider's articles in the Guardian
    Here at eightforums.com, and I'm sure the admins will correct me if I'm wrong, we like to deal with reality and not some far-off fantasy never-never land proof of concept-only-happens-in-laboratory exploits when helping people with their issues.

    It seems to me that you try to show off something you know when in reality the end result makes the unaware confused and steers them down the wrong road completely.

    Do you honestly really suggest that a new CPU and hard drive are needed? Really???
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Posts : 70
    windows 8.1


    For example: does killdisk deal with bad sectors, HPA, DCO?
    Windows will use checkdisk feature to recover data (including malware).
    Commercial BCWipe is the tool to use. But then you can also get new HDD
    People get infected all the time, they don't care how many times as long as after removal all works.


    If you suggest to use killdisk, then this is either insufficient or overkill
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    Posts : 1,883
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1


    Quote Originally Posted by Michal View Post
    For example: does killdisk deal with bad sectors, HPA, DCO?
    Windows will use checkdisk feature to recover data (including malware).
    Commercial BCWipe is the tool to use. But then you can also get new HDD
    People get infected all the time, they don't care how many times as long as after removal all works.


    If you suggest to use killdisk, then this is either insufficient or overkill
    I already asked you once nicely to bust the balls of someone else. Now I'm straight out telling you to leave your incorrect notions far away from me as possible. Next time, I am not going to be nice. I have no need to continue arguing imbecility.

    Go help members if you feel you know best. I won't bother you. Let's see how far you get.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
PC infected with XTreme Rat
Related Threads
I scanned my computer with Adwcleaner in safe mode because adwcleaner wouldn't run otherwise, and the report is below. Neither Malwarebytes Pro or Hitman Pro finds anything, and after Adwcleaner says it has put the objects in quarantine and reboots the computer, the objects are back when I do...
The Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card works fine in Windows 8. The drivers for Windows 7 work without any problem and the Creative updater and control panel also work as they should in Windows 8. The drivers can be downloaded here for the X-Fi Xtreme Audio card - Creative Worldwide...
Hi, i'm curious if anybody is still using their x-fi xtremegamer soundcard on windows 8.1 OS. I really wanted to dump it and use my onboard realtek ALC892. But, the audio to my surprise was inferior. Odd that a card I acquired in 2008 still beats out a modern onboard sound solution even...
I have the latest Creative driver on here for Win 7 64bit, and I'm not getting any sound. Anybody else having this problem.
Not sure if infected or not in System Security
Hey fellas, I have this thing im worried about. While browsing the internet a new tab opened up on its own and a website loaded, a page with a Microsoft security essentials saying I have potential viruses on my computer. From what im reading MSE is not installed on windows 8 and windows defender is...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook