Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Kaspersky Security Scan Problems found.

  1. #1

    Kaspersky Security Scan Problems found.


    I just ran a Kaspersky security scan and the problems found were:
    Information about vulnerabilities associated with the settings of installed applications and the operating system.



    • "Service termination timeout is out of admissible values"
    • "Autorun from hard drives is allowed"
    • "Autorun from network drives is enabled"
    • "CD/DVD autorun is enabled"
    • "Removable media autorun is enabled"
    • "Windows Explorer - show extensions of known file types"
    • "Microsoft Internet Explorer - disable caching data received via protected channel"
    • "Microsoft Internet Explorer: disable sending error reports"
    • "Microsoft Internet Explorer: clear the list of trusted domains"
    • "Microsoft Internet Explorer: enable cache autocleanup on browser closing"
    • "Windows Explorer: display of known file types extensions is disabled"
    • "Microsoft Internet Explorer: start page reset"

      How can I fix these?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 328
    Windows 8.1 (x64)


    Quote Originally Posted by Jcwisgod View Post
    I just ran a Kaspersky security scan and the problems found were: Information about vulnerabilities associated with the settings of installed applications and the operating system.
    • "Service termination timeout is out of admissible values"
    No Idea for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcwisgod View Post
    • "Autorun from hard drives is allowed"
    • "Autorun from network drives is enabled"
    • "CD/DVD autorun is enabled"
    • "Removable media autorun is enabled"
    Control Panel / Display Icons
    Click on Autoplay and uncheck it / disable it for all drives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcwisgod View Post
    • "Windows Explorer - show extensions of known file types"
    Still in control panel
    Click on Folder Options/View
    Uncheck hide known extensions file types (or something similar)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcwisgod View Post
    • "Microsoft Internet Explorer - disable caching data received via protected channel"
    • "Microsoft Internet Explorer: disable sending error reports"
    • "Microsoft Internet Explorer: clear the list of trusted domains"
    • "Microsoft Internet Explorer: enable cache autocleanup on browser closing"
    • "Microsoft Internet Explorer: start page reset"
    Control Panel
    Internet Options
    Trusted Domains is in Security Tab (Safe Sites) I think
    Autocache cleanup is in advanced ooptions (clear cache on exit)
    disable caching data received via protected channel is in advanced options (do not save encrypted pages to disk)
    Start Page reset be somewhere there too (something like 'prevent sites to modify my homepage')

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcwisgod View Post
    • "Windows Explorer: display of known file types extensions is disabled"
    Control Panel/Folder Options/View
    Select Show hidden files and folders

    I'm not very familiar with kapersky but, I assume it warns you that some of your settings are considered unsecure (and for good reason).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 328
    Windows 8.1 (x64)


    Just an addon tho. I wouldn't "clear the trusted domains" as kapersky advise, (basically delete all your trusted sites I guess ? I might be wrong). The most important in IE is to enable protected mode/enhanced protect mode for all internet zones and activex filtering too (gear button/ security on main menu). If you can browse without 3rd party plugins (java/flash/etc...) you should also disable it (options/advanced).
    Put the few sites you really trust in safe sites (thinking of all the microsoft update sites if you still use IE for updating) and place Internet Zone in High. Regularly check Manage Add-ons (Gear button) and disable any superflous add-on (most are useless for regular browsingt) or restrict them to specific sites (say youtube) by clicking on the add-on then more details.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyed View Post
    Just an addon tho. I wouldn't "clear the trusted domains" as kapersky advise, (basically delete all your trusted sites I guess ? I might be wrong). The most important in IE is to enable protected mode/enhanced protect mode for all internet zones and activex filtering too (gear button/ security on main menu). If you can browse without 3rd party plugins (java/flash/etc...) you should also disable it (options/advanced).
    Put the few sites you really trust in safe sites (thinking of all the microsoft update sites if you still use IE for updating) and place Internet Zone in High. Regularly check Manage Add-ons (Gear button) and disable any superflous add-on (most are useless for regular browsingt) or restrict them to specific sites (say youtube) by clicking on the add-on then more details.

    Should I just ignore the internet explorer stuff, since I only use firefox and opera browser?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 328
    Windows 8.1 (x64)


    I wouldn't, since IE is so deeply integrated in windows you should always secure it as much as you can, and also just in case some site doesn't work in any alternate browser.
    I also use opera (old version before the chrome *******ization) and still keep ie with all zones on high and most plugins disabled.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 375
    Win 8.1 64bit


    Unless they have changed the format, Kaspersky has an option to correct the issues. Just check/click the item as I recall.


    This was the procedure for KIS '13.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Kaspersky Security Scan Problems found.
Related Threads
Hello, I've just purchased and installed Windows 8 (I had Windows 7 before). So my problem is with the network. When I'm browsing the web, I just got random messages like "server not found" and I need to refresh 20 times before it loads. When I am downloading something, I cannot access any...
I'm having some difficulty getting this to work properly. I've got the phone connected to my internal modem okay, and I know it's working, because I was able to manually receive a fax. But whenever I try to send one, 2 windows quickly flash by, then it errors out saying "The message could not be...
Hopefully I've posted this to the correct place, if not, Mods please move it. Major problem with KIS2013 and Speccy. This has happened to me twice. Not a pleasant outcome. After installing Speccy, then running it...... made my system slow to a crawl. Didn't see excessive CPU/Memory usage in...
i hav installed Kaspersky internet security . i had windows defender and now its turned off. now i hav found my pc getting slow. Do i need to uninstall windows defender?
sfc scan, found large amount of errors in Performance & Maintenance
Running windows 8 - came preinstalled Did a windows 8 reset to "start fresh" started to notice random freezing when right clicking on pictures/files/videos or windows explorer would stop being responsive at times or any other program here and there for a few seconds. this basically started...
is kaspersky pure 2,0 is an antivirus only or internet security too? which one is better for internet user....pls help
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook