Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


I Cannot Update Realtek HD Audio Driver

  1. #1


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 (64-bit) Acer ES1-711-P14W

    I Cannot Update Realtek HD Audio Driver


    I was trying to update the Realtek HD Audio Driver, but it failed. All I did was to download the latest version of the program from Realtek, uninstall the previous version of the program, and re-install the latest version of the program, but it did not work. I have tried re-installing the latest version of Realtek HD Audio Driver many, many times, and it still did not work. I even go to the Device Manager to update the driver software, but it did not really help because Windows encountered the "Data Invalid" error. I go to Services to turn off Windows Audio and turn it back on, but it did not solve the problem.

    My only problem is this. How do I fix the installation of Realtek HD Audio Driver?

    Error code: 0x0000000D

    Click image for larger version
    Click image for larger version

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Uninstall (if you can) the Realtek driver. DO NOT try to reinstall it. Then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will (should) detect the sound and install the generic, basic function, High Definition Audio Device (Driver), if there is no hardware problem. This will get the sound working, although not all the functions of Realtek will be available. If this works, go to Acer and download the sound driver for your PC from Acer and do an install.

    If you can't uninstall whatever you have now, If you have a System Restore point that is BEFORE you first attempted to install the new Realtek, try that and see if it fixes it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 (64-bit) Acer ES1-711-P14W


    Quote Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
    Uninstall (if you can) the Realtek driver. DO NOT try to reinstall it. Then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will (should) detect the sound and install the generic, basic function, High Definition Audio Device (Driver), if there is no hardware problem. This will get the sound working, although not all the functions of Realtek will be available. If this works, go to Acer and download the sound driver for your PC from Acer and do an install.

    If you can't uninstall whatever you have now, If you have a System Restore point that is BEFORE you first attempted to install the new Realtek, try that and see if it fixes it.
    I uninstalled the Realtek Audio Driver from Device Manager, but when I restart my computer, it keeps showing up, which it did not work.

    Also, I did not use System Restore Point before doing all this, nor that I do not have System Restore Point.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    It apparently did not uninstall. If the driver is uninstalled, Windows will install the High Definition Audio Driver.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 (64-bit) Acer ES1-711-P14W


    Quote Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
    It apparently did not uninstall. If the driver is uninstalled, Windows will install the High Definition Audio Driver.
    How am I supposed to uninstall Realtek HD Audio Driver completely if it is not uninstalled completely?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    I think Driver Fusion will do that.
    https://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 (64-bit) Acer ES1-711-P14W


    Quote Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
    I think Driver Fusion will do that.
    https://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion
    I downloaded the free version of Driver Fusion and clicked "scan" to scan my computer for missing and outdated drivers. But, after the scan was finished, no drivers were found.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    I have an older version of Driver Fusion and it will list drivers that it can uninstall/delete? The new version does not have that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 11
    Windows 8.1 (64-bit) Acer ES1-711-P14W


    Quote Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
    I have an older version of Driver Fusion and it will list drivers that it can uninstall/delete? The new version does not have that?
    I have the latest version of Driver Fusion. It was version 3.3.

    What older version do you have?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    I have an older version.
    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Cannot Update Realtek HD Audio Driver
Related Threads
After installing W8 on a Toshiba satellite laptop, all went well except Realtek AC97 won't install. Re-installing the driver didn't work. Windows reveals a code 10 and mentions the driver did not install correctly. Naturally there are no sound devices present with this occurrence. Plugging in...
Hello everyone. I'm experiencing an annoying problem with the Realtek HD Audo Manager and I'm 100% sure it's being caused by the screenreader Jaws 16.0. I already got in touch with my Jaws dealer but am anxious to hear your feedback as well, because Freedom Scientific hasn't updated this issue...
Hey, I am using Realtek Audio driver in my system cause i want stereo mix does anyone know how to change speakers and headphones drivers to Windows HD audio driver, But still i want stero mix driver
Whenever I use my computer, if I don't play any audio on my computer for a certain period of time, and I have to restart the computer. It's really annoying because I like to view Facebook and Tumblr for a while before I do something such as playing Team Fortress 2. Is there anything I can do...
Realtek or AMD Audio Driver in Sound & Audio
What would be a better option for a Sound Driver? I used to have "Realtek High Definition Audio Codec" when I used Windows 7, but a few months ago I installed Windows 8.1 and just kept the generic "AMD High Definition Audio Device". Haven't really noticed that much of a difference. That's why I...
Hello My MB has ALC898 audio chip. Should I stay with the default Windows 8.1 HD audio or install the driver from Realtek (which is R2.71 the latest version) My system is used for gaming BTW. Thanks.
Thanks for anyone, who helps me :D I have "an old fashion motherboard,, with realtek's VT1818S High Definition Audio 8-Channel soundcard build in to the Asus m4a77 motherboard. Usually with W7 windows i had to install the driver from asus's website... so far when i get to the installation point it...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook