Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Only left earbud works when inside audio jack

  1. #21


    Maybe, there is a windows update that you haven't installed that addresses this problem (or caused it I imagine)? I really doubt you have any, Windows 8 has been way better about installing updates than windows 7 was.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    Posts : 16
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by bboes13 View Post
    Maybe, there is a windows update that you haven't installed that addresses this problem (or caused it I imagine)? I really doubt you ahve any, Windows 8 has been way better about installing updates than windows 7 was.
    Tried reinstalling the driver, didn't work, and there's no available updates. :/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Did you only remove it, then reboot? Don't reinstall or anything until then (obviously you can just place the driver .exe on the desktop so if it doesn't work out you can update it/reinstallit), just remove and reboot.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #24


    Posts : 16
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by bboes13 View Post
    Did you only remove it, then reboot? Don't reinstall or anything until then (obviously you can just place the driver .exe on the desktop so if it doesn't work out you can update it/reinstallit), just remove and reboot.
    Yeah, I uninstalled, booted, installed, and booted again.

    Edit: Is Realtek High Defintion Audio is the right driver? Because that's the one I reinstalled.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Did you test your speakers between uninstalling and booting before reinstalling it?
    And yeah it probably is...I honestly haven't dealt with a PC that doesn't use Realtek, not saying there isn't one, but Realtek is real popular. Realtek's website is pretty trash if you ask me though..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    Posts : 16
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by bboes13 View Post
    Did you test your speakers between uninstalling and booting before reinstalling it?
    And yeah it probably is...I honestly haven't dealt with a PC that doesn't use Realtek, not saying there isn't one, but Realtek is real popular. Realtek's website is pretty trash if you ask me though..
    Yeah, I have a driver installation CD that came with my computer so I didn't have to use the site. And I did notice the speakers seemed a bit louder when I reinstalled it, but it could have been my imagination haha.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Well the tip is the left audio device, use a light shine it down into the slot, if there is anything down there then it could cause the tip to not get good enough contact to give you sound. Common issue with iPod's from being in pockets they get lint smashed at the bottom...I guess maybe something got jammed in there on accident...I'm taking shot's in the dark now. Hahah, I say you should have an (angry) call to the manufacturer of the PC.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Posts : 16
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by bboes13 View Post
    Well the tip is the left audio device, use a light shine it down into the slot, if there is anything down there then it could cause the tip to not get good enough contact to give you sound. Common issue with iPod's from being in pockets they get lint smashed at the bottom...I guess maybe something got jammed in there on accident...I'm taking shot's in the dark now. Hahah, I say you should have an (angry) call to the manufacturer of the PC.
    I looked inside with a light and I don't really see anything wrong with it. But what do I know? Haha, would it help if I took a picture?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #29


    If you'd like, but if it looks like metal at the bottom you're all set.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #30


    Posts : 16
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by bboes13 View Post
    If you'd like, but if it looks like metal at the bottom you're all set.
    I couldn't get a clear picture, but i can see metal at the bottom and nothing seems to be messed up.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Only left earbud works when inside audio jack
Related Threads
I recently installed Win 8 Enterprise 90 days trial using Virtualbox. I tried Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the task manager, but it apparently works on only the left ctrl and left shift keys.. Is this a bug or intentional ? Update: Omg, fatal typo. I meant Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Sorry.
My Dad used to use the laptop that me and my Mom share, and he did something to the settings on the computer (I don't know what, or else I would have fixed it myself.) which allow you to use a USB mic, and he disabled the microphone jack on the computer. I really want to find out how to change...
I have been working on this problem for two days now. I decided i need help. I have set up the desktop the way i want it with fonts and icons I can see. Even got my firefox set up. My problem is when i open any folder the font is so thin and small i can not read it. i did do the screen resolution...
Hello Eight Forums. My trouble is the audio output through headphones - background is louder than foreground (especially in music - I often cannot hear the vocals at all; movies however are mostly fine, for reasons unknown to me; but generally, the sound is always different in some way). I...
Hey everyone! I recently got a new computer, an Asus Zenbook UX302lg, and let's just say it's been a whirl of problems. I've solved most of the original issues, but one's now popped up and it's been bugging me for a few hours! My windows store DOES open without hiccup. However, once it's...
Hello I have a audio jack cable i.e. http://shop.rabtron.co.za/catalog/images/3.5mm-jack-lead-male-to-male-stereo.jpg and I want to listen to music on phone through computer speakers. It works, but..... In the sound control panel settings>recording tab>line in properties>Listen tab,...
I have searched everywhere for an answer to this... I have the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers installed (2.70) on a Windows 8 Pro PC. I have all other Audio devices disabled and the audio works great with every program/app I have (XBMC, MS Media Center, Music App, Internet Explorer, etc.). ...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook