Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card

  1. #51


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by captain69uk View Post
    Hi,
    Another hi-jacker here
    I have just upgraded to Win 8 CP (32 bit) from Win XP (32 bit) and can't get my sound blaster x-fi xtreme audio card working...
    I tried following the steps earlier in the thread but no success. I have tried the latest drivers but get the same error message as the original poster.
    Is there anything you can suggest Gman?
    Many thanks for any response in advance!
    Did you run the command above in the elevated prompt? If so, tell me your hardware id info as others have.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #52


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8 Consumer Preview (32bit)


    Just realised what you asked the other posters for. Here is the info from Device Manager on my pc.

    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11021007&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11021007

    Regards and thanks for any help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #53


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by captain69uk View Post
    Just realised what you asked the other posters for. Here is the info from Device Manager on my pc.

    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11021007&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11021007

    Regards and thanks for any help
    Microsoft Update Catalog

    You're welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #54


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8 Consumer Preview (32bit)


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captain69uk View Post
    Just realised what you asked the other posters for. Here is the info from Device Manager on my pc.

    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11021007&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11021007

    Regards and thanks for any help
    Microsoft Update Catalog

    You're welcome.
    Hi thanks gman, downloading the latest driver from that link didnt work - the install process just gives me the same error the other guys were getting. It's ok I think I will try something else, maybe windows 7 heh.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #55


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by captain69uk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captain69uk View Post
    Just realised what you asked the other posters for. Here is the info from Device Manager on my pc.

    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11021007&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11021007

    Regards and thanks for any help
    Microsoft Update Catalog

    You're welcome.
    Hi thanks gman, downloading the latest driver from that link didnt work - the install process just gives me the same error the other guys were getting. It's ok I think I will try something else, maybe windows 7 heh.
    If your Windows Audio service is not starting, you never ran the command to fix it, like I asked above.

    The link I gave you will absolutely not have an issues whatsoever in the least, to install. If it doesn't run well straight off after install, run the command and you're set.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #56


    Posts : 4
    Windows 8 Consumer Preview (32bit)


    Oh. I thought I did. So if I missed that then you're saying all I have to do is make sure I have gone through the whole process and it will definitely work? That is great if so
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #57


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8 CP


    Hi Gman,
    after reading this thread, you seem to be the man to talk to regarding these matters.
    I tried the Creative.zip and both .inf files to no avail, but my Hardware ID is different from others (I think I have the Xtreme Music). The info for my card is

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00331102&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00331102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_0401

    Could you work your magic on this card as well?

    Thanks a lot
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #58


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by tinydoh View Post
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00331102

    Could you work your magic on this card as well?
    Hello and welcome. Yes, I've already checked on it and can. But before I do anything, I need to know if you're running 32 or 64 bit Windows.

    If 64 bit, still can be done, but there will be hoops to jump through. I'll explain if necessary.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #59


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8 CP


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tinydoh View Post
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00331102

    Could you work your magic on this card as well?
    Hello and welcome. Yes, I've already checked on it and can. But before I do anything, I need to know if you're running 32 or 64 bit Windows.

    If 64 bit, still can be done, but there will be hoops to jump through. I'll explain if necessary.
    Ah yes of course, it's 32 bit. Thanks!

    All the best
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #60


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by tinydoh View Post
    Ah yes of course, it's 32 bit. Thanks!

    All the best
    Download from the link, then extract it to a folder.

    Open device manager, right click on the Creative needing the driver (or "Unknown Device") and choose Update driver software...Browse my computer...Let me pick...Have Disk...Browse

    Now navigate to the extracted folder and double click on wdma_emu.inf.

    Hit ok then next and it will install. It's good because the drivers are all from 5/5/2010 - you don't want to be dealing with very old Creative drivers on 7 or 8. By the way, this will also work well for XP, Vista and 7.

    Any issues at all, let me know and I'll fix it up.

    Enjoy! You're welcome.

    Free File Hosting, Free Video Hosting, Online File Hosting. Large Files and Images up to 5GB - YourFileLink.com
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card
Related Threads
after installing sound blaster x-fi 5.1 pro (usb) soundcard successfully and downloaded drivers from creative s website . i cant get there so called entertainment console to download .im looking for something to control sound levels and effects in a small home studio
Greetings everyone, I just received my new sound card and I'm excited to try it out. I've hooked it up and connected my headphones into the proper jack. I try out the audio and it's bloody awful, worse than on-board audio (which is not too bad). I don't know what's wrong, this (I hope) shouldn't...
I have the latest Creative driver on here for Win 7 64bit, and I'm not getting any sound. Anybody else having this problem.
I have a Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro USB Sound Card. It has S/PDIF Optical Out which works great with my surround sound system. I tried installing the drivers on Windows 8 Pro x64 but it keeps saying "Please plug-in USB Audio Device device!". When I go to Device Manager and manually try...
I have a titanium x-fi pci-e sound card on windows 8 pro. It works fine but I cannot save my own settings for sound card. Whenever I restart the computer it reverts back to default. Is there any solution this odd behavior ? Some people say that they cannot even hear any sound out of sound cards....
I recently installed Windows 8. My Creative suite is seen in the start screen, however when I try to initialize the console or anything else..nothing happens. The upgrader indicates I have the most recent version. I've been to Creatives site but cant find drivers for the X-FI MB. Anyone else have...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook