Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card

  1. #21


    Posts : 5
    Windows 7 & 8


    Sorry to threadjack but Im having the same issue.

    Hardware ID

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00231102&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00231102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_0401


    If you can help me that would be great.

    Btw I have Creative X-FI Fatality Sound Card. I tried using the same files that you posted for Mattfly but it doesn't seem to work. Sorta was hoping that the same file would work =/

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by therra978 View Post
    Sorry to threadjack but Im having the same issue.

    Hardware ID

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00231102&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00231102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_0401


    If you can help me that would be great.

    Btw I have Creative X-FI Fatality Sound Card. I tried using the same files that you posted for Mattfly but it doesn't seem to work. Sorta was hoping that the same file would work =/
    Here is your .inf file. Just download the previous Creative.zip I linked to. Extract it to a folder. Then take the .inf from this post and copy/paste it over the one already in the Creative extracted folder.

    Follow the previous insructions now how to install in the Device Manager.

    Let me know how it goes and if it works. If not, I'll see what I can do.
    Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card Attached Files
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Posts : 5
    Windows 7 & 8


    Wow that was a really quick response!!

    I got a step further last time. It shows the hardware name "Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM)" but its not letting me install the the driver.

    "The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #24


    Posts : 5
    Windows 7 & 8


    Click image for larger version

    If this helps
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    This the first time I've ever seen that type of error and I've done this hundreds if not thousands of times.

    You could try removing the .cat file completely out of the directory and trying again. I'll think of what else might be possible as well.

    Edit: This is a little older from 2007 but you could try this driver. It is for XP and actually intended by the manufacturer for your card. You must use Internet Explorer to get it. You can extract it with Winrar. Then install just like before.

    See how it goes. It might not even go because it's XP driver, but then again, there is a good chance it will:

    Microsoft Update Catalog


    -----

    Or yet a third thing you can try with how your machine is exactly now is to place all the .sys files in C:\Windows\System32\drivers

    Place the .inf in C:\Windows\Inf

    Place the .dll files in C:\Windows\System32

    Reboot and hope for the best.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    Posts : 5
    Windows 7 & 8


    Thanks GMan.

    The soundcard driver is now installed but...

    Only SPDIF output works and now windows 8 keeps freezing =(

    I think I will just wait it out a bit until Creative or Windows update us with drivers that are compatible.

    I was really starting to get a hang of windows 8 too. But having no audio right now pretty much blows.

    Ill check again in a week or so.

    Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by therra978 View Post
    Thanks GMan.

    The soundcard driver is now installed but...

    Only SPDIF output works and now windows 8 keeps freezing =(

    I think I will just wait it out a bit until Creative or Windows update us with drivers that are compatible.

    I was really starting to get a hang of windows 8 too. But having no audio right now pretty much blows.

    Ill check again in a week or so.

    Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it!
    Ya, sounds exactly like Creative to me for sure. Out of curiosity, are you talking about the XP driver installed now or the one from my Creative.zip?

    You're welcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Posts : 5
    Windows 7 & 8


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by therra978 View Post
    Thanks GMan.

    The soundcard driver is now installed but...

    Only SPDIF output works and now windows 8 keeps freezing =(

    I think I will just wait it out a bit until Creative or Windows update us with drivers that are compatible.

    I was really starting to get a hang of windows 8 too. But having no audio right now pretty much blows.

    Ill check again in a week or so.

    Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it!
    Ya, sounds exactly like Creative to me for sure. Out of curiosity, are you talking about the XP driver installed now or the one from my Creative.zip?

    You're welcome.
    XP driver now
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #29


    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86


    Quote Originally Posted by therra978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by therra978 View Post
    Thanks GMan.

    The soundcard driver is now installed but...

    Only SPDIF output works and now windows 8 keeps freezing =(

    I think I will just wait it out a bit until Creative or Windows update us with drivers that are compatible.

    I was really starting to get a hang of windows 8 too. But having no audio right now pretty much blows.

    Ill check again in a week or so.

    Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it!
    Ya, sounds exactly like Creative to me for sure. Out of curiosity, are you talking about the XP driver installed now or the one from my Creative.zip?

    You're welcome.
    XP driver now
    If you're feeling adventurous, and this is unlikely to work but no harm in trying, copy all of the .sys files from the Creative.zip (i386 folder) over the .sys files at C:\Windows\System32\drivers

    Do the same for the .inf I specifically made for you to C:\Windows\Inf

    and reboot. Test.

    You could make a System Restore point before doing so in case you want to put it back to how it is now without much troubles.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #30


    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts : 117
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows XP SP3 32-bit


    Very odd. My Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card drivers installed automatically on installing Windows 8 and work fine in Windows 8.

    Click image for larger version Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card
Related Threads
after installing sound blaster x-fi 5.1 pro (usb) soundcard successfully and downloaded drivers from creative s website . i cant get there so called entertainment console to download .im looking for something to control sound levels and effects in a small home studio
Greetings everyone, I just received my new sound card and I'm excited to try it out. I've hooked it up and connected my headphones into the proper jack. I try out the audio and it's bloody awful, worse than on-board audio (which is not too bad). I don't know what's wrong, this (I hope) shouldn't...
I have the latest Creative driver on here for Win 7 64bit, and I'm not getting any sound. Anybody else having this problem.
I have a Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro USB Sound Card. It has S/PDIF Optical Out which works great with my surround sound system. I tried installing the drivers on Windows 8 Pro x64 but it keeps saying "Please plug-in USB Audio Device device!". When I go to Device Manager and manually try...
I have a titanium x-fi pci-e sound card on windows 8 pro. It works fine but I cannot save my own settings for sound card. Whenever I restart the computer it reverts back to default. Is there any solution this odd behavior ? Some people say that they cannot even hear any sound out of sound cards....
I recently installed Windows 8. My Creative suite is seen in the start screen, however when I try to initialize the console or anything else..nothing happens. The upgrader indicates I have the most recent version. I've been to Creatives site but cant find drivers for the X-FI MB. Anyone else have...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook