Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


DVD burning software (avi - Mpeg2)

  1. #1

    DVD burning software (avi - Mpeg2)


    Hey longtime no post..

    Just curious..

    I have been using DVDFlick to burn AVI quality movies to MPEG2 for those long road trips, only thing that works on my DVD deck for my vehicle

    currently using DVD Dual layered disks, but every time I try and burn the allotted 8.9gb or whatever, it comes up with an error saying unable to write to disk..

    does anyone have a suggestion of a program I could use that would be like or better than DVDFlick?

    Thanks;

    403Phaze

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1


    I came here today to ask the same question.

    I stumbled on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHuEQJU5eFw and was wondering how someone accesses the burning software and what video files will it burn?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Forever West
    Posts : 591
    WinVista, Win7, Win8.1, Win10, Mac OS X 10.10, Linux Mint 17.1


    I see 2 things, one is whether the ODD/Optical Disc Drive supports DVD+R/DL discs and the other is a DVD+R/DL disc is rated at "up to" 8.5GB. As with CD/Compact Discs the actual amount will be less.

    Watching that video didn't seem to specify a format-conversion program which may be able to convert then burn [or I missed it]. The download page for DVD Flick doesn't mention Win8/8.1. DVD Flick
    I have a project coming up with similar needs and will be looking into this program, just found it:
    Windows 10: Free AVI to MPEG Converter - Free Convert AVI to MPEG1 MPEG2
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Same question as Berton in the first few lines.
    These are decent programs for free, but never get best authoring for free.
    https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/...ng-Studio-FREE
    StarBurn CD, DVD & Blu-Ray Burning Software | CD/DVD/BD Audio Video Data Disc Burner

    To me for one of the best to use, nice compact program, but not free and i can swear by this working flawless every time, comes in 2 version, plus plays back on any DVD player.

    ConvertXtoDVD - AVI to DVD Video Converter to burn on DVD
    ConvertXtoHD - Convert to Bluray
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Same question as Berton in the first few lines.
    These are decent programs for free, but never get best authoring for free.
    https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/...ng-Studio-FREE
    StarBurn CD, DVD & Blu-Ray Burning Software | CD/DVD/BD Audio Video Data Disc Burner

    To me for one of the best to use, nice compact program, but not free and i can swear by this working flawless every time, comes in 2 version, plus plays back on any DVD player.
    Cheers,
    Is that just a free trial of Ashampoo?
    And do you know if it's bundled with Open Candy like so many other freeware is now?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Koukol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Same question as Berton in the first few lines.
    These are decent programs for free, but never get best authoring for free.
    https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/...ng-Studio-FREE
    StarBurn CD, DVD & Blu-Ray Burning Software | CD/DVD/BD Audio Video Data Disc Burner

    To me for one of the best to use, nice compact program, but not free and i can swear by this working flawless every time, comes in 2 version, plus plays back on any DVD player.
    Cheers,
    Is that just a free trial of Ashampoo?
    And do you know if it's bundled with Open Candy like so many other freeware is now?
    Not sure what exactly mean by open candy, yes this is free version of Ashampoo, not a trial.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1


    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koukol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Same question as Berton in the first few lines.
    These are decent programs for free, but never get best authoring for free.
    https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/...ng-Studio-FREE
    StarBurn CD, DVD & Blu-Ray Burning Software | CD/DVD/BD Audio Video Data Disc Burner




    To me for one of the best to use, nice compact program, but not free and i can swear by this working flawless every time, comes in 2 version, plus plays back on any DVD player.
    Cheers,
    Is that just a free trial of Ashampoo?
    And do you know if it's bundled with Open Candy like so many other freeware is now?
    Not sure what exactly mean by open candy, yes this is free version of Ashampoo, not a trial.
    Thanks.

    OpenCandy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by Koukol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koukol View Post
    Cheers,
    Is that just a free trial of Ashampoo?
    And do you know if it's bundled with Open Candy like so many other freeware is now?
    Not sure what exactly mean by open candy, yes this is free version of Ashampoo, not a trial.
    Thanks.

    OpenCandy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Oh, yes other software is offered while installing a free software sometimes, advertising you to try and use it, well none of mine suggestions are on that list, good thing in ways, who wants to be pestered by that during installation. Sometimes sneaks in without your knowledge.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    thanks everyone!! looks like i have some research to do
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    N.Y.
    Posts : 2,214
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by 403Phaze View Post
    thanks everyone!! looks like i have some research to do
    Something like this, that is your best approach sometimes, internet search, see what others say about it,yw.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

DVD burning software (avi - Mpeg2)
Related Threads
How do I convert a movie to the standard format so my tv can read it off of a USB stick that i plug into my tv?? my tv says it reads mkv format.. but the movies from my ipad/camera are all different.. (mov,mp4,Avi) etc.. So 2 questions: 1.What is the main best software (paid or free) that...
Hi there Used a used once so nearly new DVD+RW Disc. Erased before each attempt to re-burn. Same .ISO File - used NERO 2014 -- Verify errors, Windows built in burner -- also verify errors but K3B on Linux using GROWISOFS/ MKISOFS passed verify OK. DVD plays without any problem on at least...
Anyone have any suggestions on what burning software (Roxio, Nero, etc....) to use with Win 8.1?
Hi I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow. Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc...
I have a Dell Inspiron 3521 with a DVD RW drive listed as "HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU70N" and I use Ashampoo Burning Studio 14. When I tried to burn a Video DVD after DVD authoring I get a warning saying "The inserted CD/DVD could not be detected". I tried other software too. They don't seem to detect the...
Thanks! Edit: Free preferably.
Before burning on a DVD. in General Support
For those that select the download option for Win 8 i have a question. Before burning it on a DVD will there be a way to check if the download was OK and not waste a DVD if there is a problem with it? Thanks.
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook